Allpar Forums banner

101 - 120 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Compass and Cherokee are enough of a replacement for the Journey.
I'm always thinking about 2/3 row Small Wide based product with 4.6-4-7 meters in length. Actually exactly that will come to Jeep brand the next year for markets outside of US. Could they offer it as Chrysler in US and make in Toluca?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm always thinking about 2/3 row Small Wide based product with 4.6-4-7 meters in length. Actually exactly that will come to Jeep brand the next year for markets outside of US. Could they offer it as Chrysler in US and make in Toluca?
Isn't that what was said about the Commander/Grand Commander? There is room on the Cherokee line for an additional product, but no mas.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
CUSW seems dead after this generation of Cherokee goes away. Small-wide has proven to be more space efficient and we'll see with the Tonale how sporty and refined it can be.

Reactions: Dave Z

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
CUSW seems dead after this generation of Cherokee goes away. Small-wide has proven to be more space efficient and we'll see with the Tonale how sporty and refined it can be.
Anything will be better than cusw for a cuv. The space inside feels so big till you put one thing in there

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
At this point, any upcoming Chrysler product is simply vapor ware. CUVs have been promised for years with excuse after excuse for why it hasn’t happened.

Belvidere is below capacity. Windsor is below capacity. Yet “promised” Chrysler products from those plants are no shows.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
At this point, any upcoming Chrysler product is simply vapor ware. CUVs have been promised for years with excuse after excuse for why it hasn’t happened.

Belvidere is below capacity. Windsor is below capacity. Yet “promised” Chrysler products from those plants are no shows.
Exactly right. With the recent Q2 profits also showing only North America profited, they really should capitalize on that and make... hear me out... new Chrysler and Dodge vehicles. I remember not to long ago, Dodge was selling over a million cars a year. Not to long ago Chrysler was selling 650,000 cars.

Where are we at now...?

Dodge is at continually declining 420,000.
And Chrysler a pathetic 126,900 sales... Been going down every year since they ended the Chrysler 200 and started shedding products.

How many cars did lowly Mitsubishi sell last year? 121,000. They are knocking on Chrysler's door after being near gone and have been growing every year since 2012.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Exactly right. With the recent Q2 profits also showing only North America profited, they really should capitalize on that and make... hear me out... new Chrysler and Dodge vehicles. I remember not to long ago, Dodge was selling over a million cars a year. Not to long ago Chrysler was selling 650,000 cars.

Where are we at now...?

Dodge is at continually declining 420,000.
And Chrysler a pathetic 126,900 sales... Been going down every year since they ended the Chrysler 200 and started shedding products.

How many cars did lowly Mitsubishi sell last year? 121,000. They are knocking on Chrysler's door after being near gone and have been growing every year since 2012.
Only in adjusted EBIT NAFTA had a Euro 39 million profit, but EBIT (earning before interest and taxes) does not include interests on loans and taxation. That said also NAFTA had a loss.
Even considering the EBIT the main gain vs. 2019 (both 2nd quarter and 1st semester) was a decrese in general selling cost and, I suppose the main, in advertising cost (1st semester +382 Euro million) and net price (1st semester +219 Euro million).
DFat acan be found in EBIT walk in the section from page 19.

But the main data is the number of shipments, in NAFTA, for second quarter were down 62.2% vs. 219, for first 6 months 2020 was -39.8% vs. 2019.

While the decrease in earning / profit can be fast, the reduction of financial expenses (since lower vehicle production) does not go down as sam espeed, is more slower.
For example the net dinancia lexpences of FCA were in 2nd quarter 2020 Euro 237 million vs. Euro 260 million for 2019, first semester 2020 Euro 450 million vs. Euro 504 million for 2019.

Data can be found here: https://www.fcagroup.com/it-IT/inve...iles/FCA_NV_2020_06_30_Semi-Annual_Report.pdf

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Other data

Planned plant downtime:
- Warren Truck down 14 weeks (late June to early October 2020) for retooling to produce all-new Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer (retimed from the second quarter of 2020 due to COVID-19);
- and◦Toluca down 4 weeks (in July 2020) for retooling related to Jeep Compass mid-cycle freshening.

2020 Vehicle launches:
- All-new Fiat Strada pickup truck (Start of Production May 2020);
- Mid-cycle freshenings of Maserati Quattroporte, Levante and Ghibli, together with the first ever Ghibli mHEV and V8 Trofeo models (Start of Production third quarter 2020);
- All-new Ram TRX pickup truck (Start of Production fourth quarter 2020)

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Compass and Cherokee are enough of a replacement for the Journey.
We Have Both a 2010 Dodge Journey V-6 and a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.
I Can Emphatically and Absolutely Say that the Cherokee in NOT a Replacement for the Journey.
There is Not Nearly the Same Amount of Room in the Back with the Seats Down!
We Go on Trips to Our Property in Northern Michigan About 6 Time a Year and Go to Buffalo NY to Visit Our Daughter, Son in law and Grand Kids.
My Wife Likes to take the Journey (Even with 125,000 Miles) Because It Has More Room.
The Cherokee has Less Room the the Dodge Nitro we has for Almost 10 Years.
Packing Up a Full Load Hunting Gear in the Cherokee is a Challenge !
My Wife Wants to Buy Another Dodge Journey Before It Goes Away.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Personally they'd be better off with a Grand Commander rolling off the line at Belvedere and call it a Cherokee. Put the driveline from the current Cherokee under it. It seems much better suited to the American market then the Cherokee is, at least in roominess.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Personally they'd be better off with a Grand Commander rolling off the line at Belvedere and call it a Cherokee. Put the driveline from the current Cherokee under it. It seems much better suited to the American market then the Cherokee is, at least in roominess.
Perfectly unsuited for Jeep. Besides IMO Small Wide is much better for roominess. Keep it small outside while going bigger inside. Actually such Jeep is under development.

2.jpg
3.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would say badge it as a chrystler. New front facia to match the pacifica. front/ electronic awd. Turbo 4 2.0 or even 1.3. it would sell like hotcakes
I would buy one tomorrow

**edit**

I would also try and convice my wife to get me a 4 door dakota tomorrow as well. 98- 05 bodystyle 4x4 with a stick shift. Honestly tho i am hoping to convince her not to follow suit like her sister and my sister in law and get Nissan product

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
^ Good man. :)

And yes, give Chrysler a premium large SUV and a midsize SUV. Get that brand some product. The new generic face of the Pacifica might be the thing you need to pick up all those buyers of generic looking vehicles. :) That isn't a slam. It can actually draw in the widest audience.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
^ Good man. :)

And yes, give Chrysler a premium large SUV and a midsize SUV. Get that brand some product. The new generic face of the Pacifica might be the thing you need to pick up all those buyers of generic looking vehicles. :) That isn't a slam. It can actually draw in the widest audience.
I hold out little hope for Chrysler when Tim Kuniskis won't even commit to new product for Dodge.
"Still, the brand's head wouldn't share if a next-generation Charger or Challenger, both of which currently ride on a platform that dates back to 2005, are in the works. Nor would Kuniskis elaborate when asked if there are additional future models planned for Dodge."
Is There a Future for the Dodge Car Brand at FCA-PSA? (at https://www.motortrend.com/news/dodge-future-fca-psa/ )

Reactions: somber and NWbyNW

·
Administrator
35,248 Posts
We Have Both a 2010 Dodge Journey V-6 and a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.
I Can Emphatically and Absolutely Say that the Cherokee in NOT a Replacement for the Journey.
There is Not Nearly the Same Amount of Room in the Back with the Seats Down!
Cherokee and Durango are interesting designs because they somehow manage to lose interior space that should be present. They're like the anti-PT-Cruiser in that regard (the PT was something like a foot less-long than the Neon, yet stored quite a bit more.)

101 - 120 of 366 Posts