Allpar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tied into the ongoing LA/LD replacement discussion, we learned that some chowderheads have - in unacceptable fashion - expressed their disappointment towards Chrysler management, for the plan to discontinue the LA and LD cars in 2024.

That begs the question - looking at the opposite side of things,, how does the EV community view the pending change? Well, one would think they would be pleased to hear the news.

Not necessarily so. I offer the gentle reader an article that gives us a look into the EV enthusiast community, which includes some amusing, if not bizarre, comments:

·
Jeepaholic
6,337 Posts
Why do five or six of the commenters all have the same avatar? I thought maybe it’s the default avatar until I saw one that was blank. One person with multiple profiles? Multiple personalities? A Musk avatar cult? Weird.

EV’s will be too electric-y for some, not electric-y enough for others. You can’t please everybody.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
796 Posts
Reading anything from EV-biased websites is always a riot.
Particularly when the article clearly states "gas Charger & Challenger" and someone comments "they're dropping the Charger name?"
Like you use electricity to power your ride, you're not blind 😂

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Why do five or six of the commenters all have the same avatar? I thought maybe it’s the default avatar until I saw one that was blank. One person with multiple profiles? Multiple personalities? A Musk avatar cult? Weird.
He's "Electric Jesus," so...
"Charger"....

What a great name for an electric car.
;)
I'd do it like so:
Charger

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Reading anything from EV-biased websites is always a riot.
You really want some giggles?.......Try watching any number of EV propaganda web videos!

Oh, they love EV's all right...but really only if they're from Elon Inc.
In my opinion, I find the tone of the coverage of non-Elon EV vehicles and companies rather tepid.

I truly believe that most of the EV crowd is a kind of personality cult orbiting Elon.

I've used the term in the past...and it STILL applies......The Elon Krishnas.;)

These are only a few of the more blatant / outrageous examples:

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,780 Posts
Some of these sites are simply insane regarding Tesla and Elon Musk. I don't go near them because I can't believe what they say, they've drunk so much Kool-Aid.

·
Super Moderator
32,832 Posts
I wonder if Edison had had social media at his disposal, if it would have been like this.

·
Registered
621 Posts
So what about NASCAR? If we are not selling a gas powered Charger/Challenger what happens then?????????
I don't have a crystal ball but I suspect that a large portion of the American public will be slow to switch to an all electric vehicle. They will hold on to their gas powered vehicles or slowly switch to a hybrid first. And for a lot of people who drive long distances or do a lot of towing, BEV does not make sense. With NASCAR moving to hybrid engines in 2024, I do believe that is the initial direction most people will take and it is the most economical. Let's let the marketplace decide the future as some other technology could come along and make all electric obsolete. Hydrogen technology is very promising and there could be something else that we are unaware of too. Batteries are a poor way to store energy and are quite inefficient. I'm sure there will be a hybrid Charger/Challenger in the near future and that aligns with NASCAR for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't have a crystal ball but I suspect that a large portion of the American public will be slow to switch to an all electric vehicle. They will hold on to their gas powered vehicles or slowly switch to a hybrid first. And for a lot of people who drive long distances or do a lot of towing, BEV does not make sense. With NASCAR moving to hybrid engines in 2024, I do believe that is the initial direction most people will take and it is the most economical. Let's let the marketplace decide the future as some other technology could come along and make all electric obsolete. Hydrogen technology is very promising and there could be something else that we are unaware of too. Batteries are a poor way to store energy and are quite inefficient. I'm sure there will be a hybrid Charger/Challenger in the near future and that aligns with NASCAR for the foreseeable future.
Batteries are a poor way to store energy. I think they should have invested more into hydrogen/natural gas rather than electric. There is plenty of it just like oil. The government and corporations are governing what THEY perceive to be the future and not what the actual consumer wants/needs.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,780 Posts
Batteries are a poor way to store energy. I think they should have invested more into hydrogen/natural gas rather than electric. There is plenty of it just like oil. The government and corporations are governing what THEY perceive to be the future and not what the actual consumer wants/needs.
And your qualifications for this statement are...?

Hydrogen and CNG both have issues, one of them being, ironically, storage.

Hybrids are a fine solution for edge cases. Long term, as I've said here, hydrogen will probably be the edge-case solution. CNG is never going to be practical.

·
Super Moderator
32,832 Posts
As compared to what, and based on what evidence?
Combustion is still the problem related to climate change, and everything you burn produces water vapor (which alters climate) and also oxides of nitrogen, which are a pollutant and cause smog and breathing distress. So, no, not a good source in which to invest. And hydrogen is difficult, expensive and energy-intensive to produce, as well as highly explosive.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.