Allpar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
They sell it in the US and have for quite some time. It's called the Mirai. It's expensive and has limited range.

Since we're pretty much outside of the "no general policy" policy, while I hate to do it, we may have to close/remove this thread.
Just to clear up one little thing......Toyota's Mirai runs on a Hydrogen Fuel Cell.......It is NOT internal combustion.

OK......NOW, you can close the thread!:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't have a crystal ball but I suspect that a large portion of the American public will be slow to switch to an all electric vehicle. Batteries are a poor way to store energy and are quite inefficient.
I watched an engineering video where the potential energy was compared between a gas powered engine and a battery powered electric motor. basically you are correct that batteries are a poor way to store energy. I think the full potential of a gas powered engine as far as efficiency has never been touched, we are still doing the same basic concept from over 100 years ago. I also watched a video that referenced a Swedish study that compared the carbon footprint of fuel driven engines and electric vehicles and at the end of the day they are about equal. If it were up to me we would follow the example of Brazil and have an alternate fuel vehicle that has lower emissions.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,778 Posts
Watching a video is never a good way to be informed about a politically inflammatory issue. Reading the original study would have told you what their assumptions were. There are good and bad studies.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.