Allpar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Nissan Armada
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
December 30, 2020 I visited Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Commonwealth Ave Jacksonville Florida. It was the worst auto experience ever & be aware this is a shady dealership. I’ve reached out to Chrysler Corporation & the General Manager with no response. I’ve filed a BBB dispute regarding the sales tactics of this dealership. New locations but same ole tricks. As a Marine Corps Disabled Veteran it’s shameful how companies treat us.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,434 Posts
Details? Also, Consumer Affairs dep't or attorney general, as appropriate/as available, generally work better than BBB (which in my area, at least, closes complaints when the business claims they were fixed).

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yes .. in my years of dealing with the only dealer in my area (since 1988) we have seen some ups and downs from different owners. Went trough some growing pains with the current owners but have to say they have improved greatly. If you talk to 10 people that have bought from the same place there will always be a couple that have had a bad experience. What you said about shady sales tactics is everywhere if you allow them, they will not try the stuff on me cause I know more about there vehicles then they do, sort-a. The culture that my dealer have created over the years helps with that good dealer feeling. Find a good dealer and create a good relationship with them. Use Allpar to educate yourself to be prepared for what tactics are tossed at you.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
724 Posts
Details? Also, Consumer Affairs dep't or attorney general, as appropriate/as available, generally work better than BBB (which in my area, at least, closes complaints when the business claims they were fixed).
I mean, BBB worked with my friend when a big used car dealer took $700 from him for brakes that they didn't do.
The SM behind that one actually works in my shops detail department lol

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,434 Posts
I mean, BBB worked with my friend when a big used car dealer took $700 from him for brakes that they didn't do.
The SM behind that one actually works in my shops detail department lol
Might be variation in areas. My local BBB simply referred the problem to the dealership which said it was fixed. They refused to reopen the case just because I said it wasn't. I've seen cases like that, though. My parents' Volvo dealer, FWIW, left the e-brake not even hooked up and claimed they'd done everything, and refused to touch it. Their advice was "don't use the e-brake." Eventually I helped them to get a credit card refund - we checked and found out the mechanic wasn't SAE certified, as they must be at Volvo dealerships. Volvo was useless in that whole affair - they just didn't care - which may explain why Volvo's attempts to compete with luxury car makers have no succeeded despite competitive products.

In another case I could not get $400 for a "tuneup" refunded but I could annoy the owners of Chrysler of Paramus on Route 4 for years with an article in Allpar.

·
Super Moderator
32,652 Posts
My brother lived in Jacksonville, still nearby. He said that in the 1990s all three Dodge dealers in that area were crooks. One of them poured brake fluid on the outside of the vacuum brake booster, and said that the booster and master cylinder had failed and needed to be replaced. My brother politely told him to take a hike, and left.
The truck is now 30 years old, original booster and MC, with the paint still peeled off from that vandalism, still working great.
I suspect this may be one of those 3 dealers.

·
Banned
2,066 Posts
Be careful what you post online, it can come back to haunt you. ;)

A couple of years ago, after a bad repair experience at a local shop, I posted reviews of my experience with that shop on Goggle and Yelp.

Shortly after that, the shop owner brought a $9500 lawsuit against me for my online reviews of his shop, "free speech" is not always protected.

The case drug out for almost a year and I had to spend a few $ to retain a lawyer, but in the end, I got a settlement from the shop owner for $650 as a partial reimbursement for their faulty repairs, but I had also gotten a refund against my credit card that I used, so I got almost $1200 in total reimbursement.

But as part of the settlement, I also had to remove my online reviews of the shop, but getting $ out of him is still a win in my book. ;)

·
Premium Member
2017 Nissan Armada
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be careful what you post online, it can come back to haunt you. ;)

A couple of years ago, after a bad repair experience at a local shop, I posted reviews of my experience with that shop on Goggle and Yelp.

Shortly after that, the shop owner brought a $9500 lawsuit against me for my online reviews of his shop, "free speech" is not always protected.

The case drug out for almost a year and I had to spend a few $ to retain a lawyer, but in the end, I got a settlement from the shop owner for $650 as a partial reimbursement for their faulty repairs, but I had also gotten a refund against my credit card that I used, so I got almost $1200 in total reimbursement.

But as part of the settlement, I also had to remove my online reviews of the shop, but getting $ out of him is still a win in my book. ;)
What I posted is factually correct. I have no details but facts

·
Registered
50 Posts

"Free Speech", if you're referring to the 1st Amendement, only states that "Congress shall make no law...or abridging the freedom of speech..", it doesn't mean you can say anything you want without repercussion. Your rights weren't violated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
For some reason the only real problems I ever had with dealers were from Chrysler dealers. One sold me a damaged car and neither Chrysler or the dealer would do anything about it. And the other(a big dealer near me) is still in business. That one took a letter from the Lawyer to fix. I love old Chryslers but new, no.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts