Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
20180714_123626.jpg
20180714_123632.jpg

I felt for this guy. Deer have ruined so many of my vehicles. My 99 ram has had 3 run into the door, 2 into the bed and one, while I was going 15 mph, ran beside me and turned right into the bumper.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,684 Posts
I feel for him. About 20 years ago a deer ran out in front of my '86 GTS on my way to work. Pushed in the front clip and damaged the RF quarter panel. Had to play NASCAR mechanic and pull out the fender. No lights broken and I had to use a screwdriver to leverage the hood open. Didn't have full coverage so I just lived with the damage. Six months later a doe hit our '92 Acclaim in the LF front quarter panel ahead of the fender well. $600 damage.

·
Registered
420 Posts
We went on Saturday for the day. I couldn`t believe how little interest is in the PT Cruiser anymore. It may have been 10 cars there. Years back I bet it was close to a hundred or so.
If it's anything like my wife's old Neon then they have long since rusted away or succumb to head gasket failure. Or it's just no longer the flavor of the month and kids have moved to newer stuff.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Some other pics from the show.

Not usually a fan of yellow cars but thought this looked particularly good:

The ultimate family-friendly sleeper.

Loved the t-top cars!

Rare GLHS:

Reactions: JA Cumbo

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just some good old boys:

Cool road-race Challenger:

Funny story about the Challenger. According to the Canadian owner he could not legally run this car on-track since it's a registered vehicle. Apparently the insurance-nannies in Canuck will report him to Justin and revoke his registration. Weird.

Reactions: Doug D

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We finally did our vacation at work. Very anxious for vacation time to get here and Chrysler and All Truck nationals.
Screenshot_20200115-131717_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200115-131750_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just over a month for Chrysler and 2 months for Truck Nationals.

They say the show will go on

·
Registered
441 Posts
Reading that the County Health Commissioner is trying to close it down because of the virus. Keep looking for continued developments!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Reading that the County Health Commissioner is trying to close it down because of the virus. Keep looking for continued developments!!
I read a hearing is scheduled for this morning at 11:00, the claim is they will be violating the 250 person limit on large gatherings. Chrysler Events is saying that there wouldn't be more than 250 people gathered in any one spot at any time during the shows. Having attended the Chrysler show for well over 2 decades I find that assertion interesting but I don't know exactly what changes the may have made to discourage those places where people tend to congregate. We'll see I guess.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I’m going this year. Have been attending since ‘92.
I can walk the show field and see a car just like one Dad had. I figure Dad had more than 100 company cars over the years as an engineer and retiree. Great place to find parts for the old Dodge.
The fairgrounds covers 83 acres. Using last years total weekend figures (record attendance) that’s 3 people per acre. Figure half that attendance is on Sat. and two thirds of fairgrounds is showfield that means about 25 people per acre. Still plenty of room to distance ones self. Treat the concessions just like stores and restaurants already do. Good to go. The 250 person gathering limit seems arbitrary with no mention of size of venue, indoor, outdoor etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m going this year. Have been attending since ‘92.
I can walk the show field and see a car just like one Dad had. I figure Dad had more than 100 company cars over the years as an engineer and retiree. Great place to find parts for the old Dodge.
The fairgrounds covers 83 acres. Using last years total weekend figures (record attendance) that’s 3 people per acre. Figure half that attendance is on Sat. and two thirds of fairgrounds is showfield that means about 25 people per acre. Still plenty of room to distance ones self. Treat the concessions just like stores and restaurants already do. Good to go. The 250 person gathering limit seems arbitrary with no mention of size of venue, indoor, outdoor etc.
if all attendees treat the concession areas like you say probably al will be good, I'm not sure everyone will try to distance and be reasonable

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
I read a hearing is scheduled for this morning at 11:00, the claim is they will be violating the 250 person limit on large gatherings. Chrysler Events is saying that there wouldn't be more than 250 people gathered in any one spot at any time during the shows. Having attended the Chrysler show for well over 2 decades I find that assertion interesting but I don't know exactly what changes the may have made to discourage those places where people tend to congregate. We'll see I guess.
I'm amazed they're still holding this event. I've been about 9 times, and attendance is typically about 2,800 cars and thousands of people over the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
Spring Carlisle is this upcoming weekend (actually starts today I believe) and the state hasn't stopped it yet. Then Chevrolet/GM next weekend.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The only place 250 people would possibly be at one time is the grandstand/food court area.

Spring Carlisle has very few if any grandstand activities.

I think you can social distance quite well there if you stay away from there.

There is nothing wrong with the show going on.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
The only place 250 people would possibly be at one time is the grandstand/food court area.

Spring Carlisle has very few if any grandstand activities.

I think you can social distance quite well there if you stay away from there.

There is nothing wrong with the show going on.
It's not just social distancing. Realistically, there's no way to keep the surfaces clean in the bathrooms or other high-traffic areas. PA is in better shape than many, but people are coming from all over.

Reactions: kevin m. Henry

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It's not just social distancing. Realistically, there's no way to keep the surfaces clean in the bathrooms or other high-traffic areas. PA is in better shape than many, but people are coming from all over.
Carlisle shows have always done a good job having attendants at every restroom and port a john area. Just space people apart at the concessions and things should be fine. If a vendor asks me to use a mask I’ll put mine on while in their space.

Reactions: Devildodge
41 - 60 of 75 Posts