Allpar Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The restrooms do not have doors and there is no reason to touch anything while in there. They always had hand sanitizer at the exit...before Covid made people realize you are not to touch stuff in the bathroom and to sanitize your hands...thought that was common knowledge...but they had to educate people to do it.

And each restroom area has always had attendants like @rapidtrans said.

Can not wait to make the trip.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I plan on a long Saturday at the show.
Most of the day will be in the swap area then I head over to the “C” body group.

Reactions: Devildodge

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
We go to chrysler all day Saturday also. We go to the 4x4 Jamboree in Bloomsburg on Sunday. No word yet if it is still on.

Anxious to see the Dukes of Hazard display this year. Last year may have been the last.

It is awesome seeing how the modern mopars draw a crowd right beside the history cars

So cool seeing a Hellcat in the company of a 426 Hemi.

My son loves the hellcat experience. He finally got to do it last year after having to watch his sisters go when he couldn't. Not sure if they will be doing that, but I hope.

Love seeing how the new cars are customized just like the Vans in the Vanarama.

We love the Vans too.

Looking to get tires for my truck. May just wait to see what kinda deal i can get at Carlisle.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
The restrooms do not have doors and there is no reason to touch anything while in there. They always had hand sanitizer at the exit...before Covid made people realize you are not to touch stuff in the bathroom and to sanitize your hands...thought that was common knowledge...but they had to educate people to do it.

And each restroom area has always had attendants like @rapidtrans said.

Can not wait to make the trip.
Perhaps they have upgraded the bathrooms. I've attended nearly every year from 2006 to 2016, and you have to turn the faucet handles and press a lever to get paper towels. Not to mention, it's VERY close inside there, always.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
I went over for Spring Carlisle last weekend.
It was a ghost town on Saturday. vendors packing up at 11 AM it was so bad.

Reactions: DC-93

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Headed to Carlisle on Saturday and Bloomsburg Sunday.

Very excited to go bake in the sun looking at old Mopars, new Mopars, muscle cars, pick up trucks, and watch the mud fly and the monsters jump.

I love this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
I'll be going through the swap meet on Saturday. I'll spend some time looking at cars but the swap meet is what I enjoy the most.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Hoping to get my Daytona fixed and be there next year. Haven't been since 2016 and that doesn't feel right.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
From what I've heard from some vendors, vendor attendance appears to be down significantly (based on the vendors setting up by this Thursday as opposed to Thursdays of past years).
I just want some LeBaron parts.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'll be going through the swap meet on Saturday. I'll spend some time looking at cars but the swap meet is what I enjoy the most.
Full report when you return, please!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My dad is coming with my son and I. The weekend just got better.

Hope the rain holds off and the humidity doesn't go too high...just got to deal with the heat.

Debating getting tires for my RAM 2500, will be looking for parts for the Dodge Ram 2500, and maybe score a rotating seat for my Dodge Ram Van.

Never know what you will find at Carlisle.

Getting the wife a personalized license plate for the front of her new Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
This morning's weather report looks better (less chance of rain) for Carlisle.on the Weather Channel app, but not so good on other sites.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
In a little over 24 hours we should arrive.

My son wants to ride in the Hellcat Challenger by himself. Last year we rode together in the Charger.

Can not wait to see his face after his ride.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
Full report when you return, please!
First report from a friend there: He estimates it's about 3/4 of what it normally is by this time.
3/4 is still a pretty good sized show!

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
Here's my opinion:
The show reminded me more of Carlisle 2000 than Carlisle 2019 by the size of the crowd, car show, and swap.
The one thing that was really down (and has been down the last few years, is car corral I've read that every since Carlisle started auctions, this has killed the car corral at all their shows.

And the biggest change? If you signed up for the thrill rides, they shuttled you in a Dodge Grand Caravan. In years past, it was a Chrysler Pacifica. The line for the thrill ride seemed a lot shorter than years past.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts