Allpar Forums banner

Chrysler Patents and Trademarks

287K views 909 replies 113 participants last post by  90243 
Wouldn't be the first time, I think Honda used to have a three valve engine. Guess it's a way to avoid VVT in the new 3.8/4.0.

The one problem with the Prowler was a rock-hard suspension - you felt EVERY part of the road. There didn't seem to be ANY damping. The engine was not bad...it was a light car and even if it wasn't a rocket, it was still pretty quick. If you want to go fast, you get a Corvette or a Viper or an SRT-4; the Prowler was more of an experience (like the SSR vs the Vette).

I'm betting on Rebel for the Road Runner-like vehicle.

Currently the source says that Plymouth is totally totally dead as a name, and that they will bring out a new division to replace it when we stop asking for Plymouth to return.

Sometimes I really wonder about the mentality in there. "Our buyers want it, so THEY CAN'T HAVE IT. Nya, nya, nya, we're better and smarter than they are."

PS> Mac users, have you tried Patent Browser? Quite nice.

a coupel of years ago, Chrysler proposed a MDS that consisted of two coupled engines. Looks like they're still pursing that line of inquiry. Interesting.

Liberty Country...hmm.

New Yorker only makes sense for a stretched 300C. Imperial...doesn't. If they can't afford Plymouth, they CERTAINLY can't afford Imperial!!

Just as a quick aside, re-registering a vintage name could mean anything - like some model company is re-issuing it with Chrysler's support.

Overland Summit is interesting. Combines a storied pre-Willys name with an imported Mitsubishi sold by Eagle. Chrysler 200S... also interesting but not so much that I'll post a news item about it ;) Oscar Mike now... a special edition for the Oscars? Or part of UConnect?

No bets. Might just be for Mopar race transmissions. Might be they'll tag the 545RFE as a Torqueflite to differentiate the Chrysler engineered ones from the ZFs.

Liberator might just have been covering the concept. It can take years for a trademark to get approved. Look at the application dates.

FWIW, they still own Scamp and Demon. I'd like to see them use Demon and Duster for small cars... Duster only where deserved of course.

They could always use Valiant for something sturdy and small...

What negative connotation? Valiant remains linked to one of the most successful cars Chrysler's ever made, especially in Australia (okay, I guess that's tail wagging the dog), and everyone I meet who hears "Valiant" seems to react with "unkillable," not "dull." Likewise, Demon... who remembers the Demon outside Allpar people? When it comes up here, there are always two reactions: "I love it" and "the politically correct crowd will destroy it." (I always find the latter odd because it was pre-"PC," and anyway it was hardly the same group of people who were offended...) I think people in the Southern states are not likely to reject a car for being called Demon.

"(is "South" a Baptist reference??)"

It's simply a reference to the reports that the Demon reportedly bombed in the Southeast though the Duster did well, and that complaints were largely from that region, according to period reporting. I don't have more detailed info nor do I wish to impugn any particular group without solid knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.