Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 910 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
PATENT 6,921,077: (Jeeps)Roof top for vehicles

Abstract - A removable rooftop for jeep-type vehicles is provided. The rooftop comprises a top wall. Extending approximately perpendicularly from the top wall are first and second side walls. The rooftop is removable and is of a half-cut design. The rooftop is a hard top and is lightweight, allowing a single person to mount or remove the rooftop from the jeep-type vehicle. Additionally, the rooftop comprises a support wall integrated onto the top wall to allow for a sunroof to be installed into the rooftop if desired.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
skidsmadawg96 said:
hmmmm...
that would be great, concidering that the current Hard top weighs a ton!
[post="502962"][/post]​
it doesnt sound like it is the whole top, but more of a targa top, similar to this

now the flush handle description has me going "huh?"
i read it and byt the time i get to the end I am trring to figure out what I just read

·
Registered
852 Posts
D0C said:
now the flush handle description has me going "huh?"
i read it and byt the time i get to the end I am trring to figure out what I just read
[post="503127"][/post]​
remember those door handles on the 99 Charger concept? That's what this is. If you look at the images in the Patant documentation it looks quite similar to those.

·
Registered
852 Posts
D0C said:
it doesnt sound like it is the whole top, but more of a targa top, similar to this
[post="503127"][/post]​
yes, but only the "front half" (and with room for a sun roof). Again that's what is shown in the patent document images.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
The name "ROCKY MOUNTAIN" was registered on 8/2/05.
The name "ADVENTURER" was registered on 8/2/05.
The name "CRD" was registered on 8/2/05.
The name "RUBICON" (for use on sleeping bags, tents, and backpacks) was registered on 8/2/05.

·
The Negative Optimist
1,903 Posts
Yeah, I had trouble figuring out what was being said about the handle pattent but some reason I had a feeling that's what I was looking for, the Charger Concept doors.

I still don't understand how they work though or what they'll be applied to. A "Charger" coupe, the Challenger, (or the Challenger that will actually be the "Charger" coupe)?

And I'm lost on the Jeep thing.

Thanx for the info,
KyleD.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
TRADEMARK -

AMC #78661023 TOYS submitted June 29 2005

TRACK RATED #78661025 Automobiles June 29 2005

PROWLER #75390686 automobiles] and structural parts Resubmission (8-yr renewal)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Jeez, I sure am glad they registered Rocky Mountain. We just bought a new Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain edition about three weeks ago and love it. I'd hate to have to remove the insignias. LOL

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
skidsmadawg96 said:
dang...
AMC?!?! PLEASE NO!!!
now Prowler on the other hand... Id like to see the Prowler again, and take the place of the Crossfire.
[post="504143"][/post]​
what do you have against AMC "TOYS" ??? :blink:

·
The Negative Optimist
1,903 Posts
Oooh... Good one... But a Prowler is a Prowler. The Firepower represents a completely different car. Then again, I bet four people could come up with at least four different definitions each of what an Avenger is...

KyleD.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'd love to see the Prowler come back in its open wheel (probably wrong term) form, with a huge stinkin motor. It was a beautiful car, just needed a bigger motor to make it an all time classic. I always waiver between the Viper, Prowler, and Cuda in the hypothetical question, If any car was given to you what would it be?, well I usually think Cuda, but if the Prowler had a big V8 or V10 it would be the one.

Bet the Track Rated is for the Grand Cherokee SRT-8.

·
Administrator
35,548 Posts
The one problem with the Prowler was a rock-hard suspension - you felt EVERY part of the road. There didn't seem to be ANY damping. The engine was not bad...it was a light car and even if it wasn't a rocket, it was still pretty quick. If you want to go fast, you get a Corvette or a Viper or an SRT-4; the Prowler was more of an experience (like the SSR vs the Vette).

·
Totally Spent
538 Posts
What about Super Commando like the 383's and 440's???

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
MoparMantis said:
I'd love to see the Prowler come back in its open wheel (probably wrong term) form, with a huge stinkin motor. It was a beautiful car, just needed a bigger motor to make it an all time classic. I always waiver between the Viper, Prowler, and Cuda in the hypothetical question, If any car was given to you what would it be?, well I usually think Cuda, but if the Prowler had a big V8 or V10 it would be the one.

Bet the Track Rated is for the Grand Cherokee SRT-8.
[post="504445"][/post]​
While standing in line at Ralphs, I took one of the Auto Trader magazine and seen the prices of the Prowler are still near there MSRp prices, even out of production. The car was a classic hit and still retains value long after the end run.

Congrats to Chrysler....not many autos retain value like that long after a short production run.

41 - 60 of 910 Posts