Allpar Forums banner

Chrysler Patents and Trademarks

287K views 909 replies 113 participants last post by  90243 
G
#1 ·
What is coming soon....some interesting stuff to post here.

Minivan - patent 6,905,155

Multiple height load floor system -In a motor vehicle having a cargo area over an in-floor recess for storing a spare wheel and tire, a multiple height load floor system for covering the in-floor recess provides the option of selecting the depth of the recess. The floor system is adapted to allot a lesser volume to the in-floor recess for use with an undersized spare, or a greater volume when a full-size spare is provided. In a motor vehicle with folding seats, the folding seats are selectively raised or lowered to align with the upper surface of the load floor system in its selected position, in order to present a substantially flat surface for carrying cargo. The selective raising or lowering of the seats and the floor system can be achieved through manually actuated or electrically powered mechanisms

Trucks - Patent 6,905,162

Truck cargo box enclosure - A tent enclosure for a pickup truck cargo box includes a pair of support tracks mounted to the side rails of the cargo box, a number of flexible support rods connected to the support tracks, and a fabric siding spanning the support rods and connected to the support tracks. The flexible support rods can be made up of multiple sections linked together, and, being longer than the width of the cargo box, describe an arch when connected to the support tracks. The forwardmost support rod can be secured to the truck cab. The fabric siding includes a U-channel edge for engaging the support track on each side of the cargo box, and is stretched over the support rods. The tent enclosure includes a door assembly for the end of the cargo box, which may be formed of fabric and integral with the fabric siding.

Engines - Patent 6,895,919

Even-firing, fully balanced, V-twin engine - A V-twin engine includes a two cylinder reciprocating apparatus, having a pair of connecting rods joined to a crankshaft through a pair of connecting rod journals that are centered at a common throw radius from the crankshaft axis, and angularly displaced from one another along the throw radius by an angular displacement equal to an included angle defined by axes of the cylinders, so that the pistons will move in unison and each reach top dead center (TDC) and bottom dead center (BDC) in their respective cylinders at substantially the same time. The cylinders fire alternately on sequential rotations the crankshaft. Counterweights on two balance shafts rotate in a 1:1 rotation ratio in a direction opposite to the crankshaft, with forces from the balance shaft counterweights and a crankshaft counterweight alternately aligning and opposing for counterbalancing vertical forces and unbalance loads in the engine.

Jeep - Patent 6,890,014

Conversion vehicle - An apparatus is provided for enabling the enlargement of the cabin for a vehicle having an enclosed cabin and a cargo bed extending rearwardly from the cabin. The apparatus includes a rear wall removably coupled to the cabin. A guide element is positioned along a floor of the cargo bed and a base portion of the rear wall is slideably coupled to the guide element, which enables the rear wall to be translated rearwardly from the cabin to vary a volume thereof.

See less See more
#27 ·
The AMC logo was applied for trademark on 6/29/05 - for use on toy vehicle replicas.
The name YELLOW FEVER was published for opposition on 7/12/05 - for use on automobiles.
The name 300 BLACK TIE EDITION was published for opposition on 7/12/05 - for use on motor vehicles (Woodward Cruise anyone?)
The name TRIO is now dead.
The term TRACK RATED was applied for trademark on 6/29/05 - for use on automobiles.

#34 ·
Stratuscaster said:
The AMC logo was applied for trademark on 6/29/05 - for use on toy vehicle replicas.
The name YELLOW FEVER was published for opposition on 7/12/05 - for use on automobiles.
The name 300 BLACK TIE EDITION was published for opposition on 7/12/05 - for use on motor vehicles (Woodward Cruise anyone?)
The name TRIO is now dead.
The term TRACK RATED was applied for trademark on 6/29/05 - for use on automobiles.
[post="493932"][/post]​
Maybe the new cute ute Jeeps will be Track Rated, just doesnt fit with Chrysler or Dodge.
I'm glad Trio is dead. May it RIP.
Yellow fever sounds like paint, I think someone said it is or was or something like that.

#37 ·
Looking at those U.S Patent nos. mentioned earlier here got me thinking. I ran across a copy of a Chrysler patent dated Feb. 15th 1972 among my dad's papers. It is U.S Patent #3,641,746 and was filed Sept. 8th 1969. Roughly, thats nearly 100k a year! It's for a "Carburetor Air Delivery System". Looks like the Air Grabber package for the late 68 & 69 r/r. It appears the rubber seal between that airbox base plate under the carb and the remote operated "flapper" with the unique features.

#38 ·
The "TRAIL RATED 4x4" logo/badge was registered on 7/26/05.
The name "RUMBLE BEE" was registered on 7/26/05.
The name "JEEP LIBERTY CRD" was registered on 7/26/05.
The name "HEV POWERGEN" was applied for trademark on 7/18/05.
The name "POWER WAGON" was registered on 7/19/05.

G
#40 ·
Patent 6,923,481: Flush exterior door handle

ABTRACT: A handle for a vehicle door is mounted on a frame by a pivot assembly for swinging movement from a door latching position to a door unlatching position. The frame is secured in an interior space of the door in a position such that when the handle is in the latching position, the handle registers with an opening in a door panel, and when the handle is in the unlatching position, the handle extends into the interior space. The pivot assembly has a hinge which provides a floating axis for the swinging movement of the handle, enabling the handle to be shifted laterally outwardly into contact with a flange on the panel when in the latching position, thereby positioning the outer surface of the handle flush with the outer surface of the door panel. A spring urges the handle laterally outwardly into contact with the flange.

G
#41 ·
PATENT 6,921,077: (Jeeps)Roof top for vehicles

Abstract - A removable rooftop for jeep-type vehicles is provided. The rooftop comprises a top wall. Extending approximately perpendicularly from the top wall are first and second side walls. The rooftop is removable and is of a half-cut design. The rooftop is a hard top and is lightweight, allowing a single person to mount or remove the rooftop from the jeep-type vehicle. Additionally, the rooftop comprises a support wall integrated onto the top wall to allow for a sunroof to be installed into the rooftop if desired.

#43 ·
skidsmadawg96 said:
hmmmm...
that would be great, concidering that the current Hard top weighs a ton!
[post="502962"][/post]​
it doesnt sound like it is the whole top, but more of a targa top, similar to this

now the flush handle description has me going "huh?"
i read it and byt the time i get to the end I am trring to figure out what I just read

#44 ·
D0C said:
now the flush handle description has me going "huh?"
i read it and byt the time i get to the end I am trring to figure out what I just read
[post="503127"][/post]​
remember those door handles on the 99 Charger concept? That's what this is. If you look at the images in the Patant documentation it looks quite similar to those.

#46 ·
The name "ROCKY MOUNTAIN" was registered on 8/2/05.
The name "ADVENTURER" was registered on 8/2/05.
The name "CRD" was registered on 8/2/05.
The name "RUBICON" (for use on sleeping bags, tents, and backpacks) was registered on 8/2/05.

#47 ·
Yeah, I had trouble figuring out what was being said about the handle pattent but some reason I had a feeling that's what I was looking for, the Charger Concept doors.

I still don't understand how they work though or what they'll be applied to. A "Charger" coupe, the Challenger, (or the Challenger that will actually be the "Charger" coupe)?

And I'm lost on the Jeep thing.

Thanx for the info,
KyleD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.