Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,975 Posts
It does look like they are trying to clear out their remaining obsolete paper manual stock. This could be a great opportunity to get a factory service manual and diagnostic procedures manuals for what you own at a decent price.
Chrysler ended paper service manuals after the 2004 model year. Paper owners manuals have continued for now.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,975 Posts
And I see pirate copies(?) on the internet for under $10 although I can't vouch for their content.
The price of a service manual has to be looked at like buying a tool. Sometimes knowing how to do something will make it pay for itself the first time you use it.
I thought that with the closure of so many dealerships in 2009, that the internet would be flooded with used service manuals and special tools.
Alldata is a service manual information website that is mostly, but not always complete. You need a subscription to access it. A local main public library used to have a subscription to it until it got cut back. Some libraries do have factory manuals for loan (many '60's, '70's, and '80's). You can find Chiltons, Haynes, Mitchells and Motor service information for most vehicles, but nothing is better than a factory manual. Support your local library.
Sometimes if you Google what part of a particular car you are trying to fix, something, even just a diagram or video shows up and can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts