15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on Chrysler's Facebook page:
Body jewelry Font Jewellery Automotive design Circle

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,277 Posts
They still have a V8 300, the 300S with Hemi option.
I am guessing they are either talking about a concept, or in December they will have the 2024s ready to unveil.
Though it could be a 300C 392 -good way to see the 300C out, given its history.

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am with @Dave Z that it is probably a 392 300S or final edition 300C. But that is just a guess.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
They still have a V8 300, the 300S with Hemi option.
I am guessing they are either talking about a concept, or in December they will have the 2024s ready to unveil.
Admittedly the "Stayed Tuned" message has annoyed me recently. Stay Tuned till when? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months? It's not just Chrysler, but at least say "we have something to show in Q4" or have a countdown timer. Dodge's Never Lift approach is probably my favorite so far. They gave vague timeframes at the beginning, but we had general ideas of when we were going to get more info or reveals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Admittedly the "Stayed Tuned" message has annoyed me recently. Stay Tuned till when? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months? It's not just Chrysler, but at least say "we have something to show in Q4" or have a countdown timer. Dodge's Never Lift approach is probably my favorite so far. They gave vague timeframes at the beginning, but we had general ideas of when we were going to get more info or reveals.
Well Chrysler has a press conference at the Detroit Auto show coming up so my guess is thats when whatever this is will be revealed.

·
Super Moderator
40,852 Posts
I thought Dodge wasa the "power?" This could get confusing.
They let Jeep trounce Dodge for years with a performance SUV (Trackhawk/SRT Grand Cherokee) so when there are $$$$ brand definition meant next to nothing/.

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Trackhawk line was the worst thing that could have happened to Dodge. And yet I admit to excitement at the concept...
Jeep sold more SRTs than Dodge and Chrysler combined.

·
Super Moderator
40,852 Posts
Yes, the "Dodge is the performance brand" was only used to justify the dropping of the Chrysler 300 SRT rather than improving it.

·
LOAD "*",8,1
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2018 Kia Niro
1,133 Posts
Which makes me ALMOST wish the Hornet was a Jeep instead (from a heritage perspective it even makes sense, as the Hudson and AMC Hornet names came from the AMC merger, of which only Jeep now survives).

On the other hand, if Jeep had it, Alfa would have more to worry about...and if Jeep is supposed to be about rough-roading and off-roading, it just doesn't belong there, and nor does any Trackhawk. Sales notwithstanding.

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Which makes me ALMOST wish the Hornet was a Jeep instead (from a heritage perspective it even makes sense, as the Hudson and AMC Hornet names came from the AMC merger, of which only Jeep now survives).

On the other hand, if Jeep had it, Alfa would have more to worry about...and if Jeep is supposed to be about rough-roading and off-roading, it just doesn't belong there, and nor does any Trackhawk. Sales notwithstanding.
Jeep is losing its identity thanks to FCA. Jeeps are going soft and are not as capable as those in the past. The new Grand Cherokee is great, but it will never go places a WJ could go.

Even the Wrangler is getting long in the tooth since JL is an evolution of JK instead of something new. Wrangler dominance is being attacked by the competition who is demonstrating you can have a better daily driver with 95% of the off-road capability.

Jeep needs to answer back. But they are stuck on luxury and electrification more than capability and utility. While there is nothing wrong with luxurious and electrified Jeeps, the loss of focus on off-road capability and utility is probably going to come back and bite them hard in the next decade.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts