Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler's Future Design Language

What do you think Chrysler's future design language should be? Anybody feel like sharing designs they made, or aspects of other designs are certainly welcome to do so. Should the design be distinctive, smooth, luxurious, generic, etc? Should there be a corporate design across all products or should vehicles vary? What would you like to see out of Chrysler's future designs?

I designed something awhile back... Not sure it holds merit today (I'm not professional, just having fun obviously). I posted it in the quote below.

Been working on a new concept car. It's a Chrysler product... it looks somewhat sporty and maybe luxurious. I would probably at this point call it a concept Chrysler Concorde. I also like the name Chrysler Atlantic. Still working on finalizing.

I feel the headlight's are too cliche looking at this point and seem to look a bit Audi-like while the grille isn't Chrysler-y enough. But I feel if tweaked some more I could make it seem more Chrysler like... and who knows, maybe it does look like a Chrysler! I could be overly hard on myself here. That said, I like the shape of this car.
You can see my Mopar photo and all my poorly done renders at this link (within the forum).

Now let's hear from you on what you think Chrysler's future design language should be like?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Chrysler TC2 by Maserati (sorry, couldn't resist). The first thing that came to mind was a Quattroporte with a Chrysler grille and different headlights. It's a nice looking ride, either way.

Reactions: Archknight

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The design should be distinctive, smooth, luxurious and aerodynamic. It should not be generic, that is what Asian cars are for.

Full width taillight should return. The grill texture should be the thin vertical bars of the waterfall grill, but no grill or chrome should be above the headlights.

LeBaron GTS/GTC should be used for inspiration. 2001 Sebrings are also useful for inspiration, as are 1993 and 1998 Concordes.

Corporate design suggests CDJR. Each brand should have its own design language.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
it should be a modern version of the Dodge spirit and Dynasty.. Hight seating so you don't have to crotch down like your getting into a cockpit. Large side glass so you see whats going on outside (what a novel idea) a back seat that full size adults can actully sit in. And a trunk that can hold a lawn mower.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,488 Posts
I like the front end styling of the late 200 and Pacifica and would like to see more of that theme. A logical evolution of the JA 'cloud car' face.
Any 300 replacement would need to remain a large 'formal' sedan.
In my opinion, the Ferrari-style grille of the 2001 Sebrings and 1998 Concordes didn't stay around long enough.

·
Registered
782 Posts

I like the horizontal 3D slat style grille of this 1940's Chrysler. A modern interpretation of this grille would look upscale on a modern design.

Lincoln's winged grille was a unique idea, just executed poorly.
It looked best on the MKZ...

They got the proportions right on the MKZ, not so much with the MKT, MKS, MKX, or Navigator.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
In my opinion, the Ferrari-style grille of the 2001 Sebrings and 1998 Concordes didn't stay around long enough.
Those things seem dated to me, whereas the 300 does not. Even the OG LX 300 somehow seems timeless.

Reactions: DustDevl340

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Those things seem dated to me, whereas the 300 does not. Even the OG LX 300 somehow seems timeless.
I agree with Imperial crown. I would like to see more of the 1998 Concorde style.

What seems dated to me is the 300. The dates for the grill are 1930's, 1955 Chrysler Falcon, 1969 Lincoln Mk 3 and 1975-1985. The date for the rest of the car is 1996 Bentley Azure.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I agree with Imperial crown. I would like to see more of the 1998 Concorde style.

What seems dated to me is the 300. The dates for the grill are 1930's, 1955 Chrysler Falcon, 1969 Lincoln Mk 3 and 1975-1985. The date for the rest of the car is 1996 Bentley Azure.
The 99 Chrysler Concorde and LHS, but not the earlier Condorde and 300M, just look like aerodynamic dusbusters to me with that vacuum nozzle jet intake proboscis. IMO the 300M is a great look, best of the Chrysler branded LH cars.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think what CHRYSLER has now is quite good . I’m quite OK with rebadged Peugeots and DS on the short run. In the longer run IMHO, they should have an all new electric 300 that looks a lot like the present now iconic Engles inspired one. It’s a classic practical shape that contrasts with the look a like rest of the industry.

·
Registered
15,083 Posts
The 99 Chrysler Concorde and LHS, but not the earlier Condorde and 300M, just look like aerodynamic dusbusters to me with that vacuum nozzle jet intake proboscis. IMO the 300M is a great look, best of the Chrysler branded LH cars.
I owned an '00 300M and hated the exterior. I loved the interior. I drove that car 150,000 miles and it was fantastic.

Styling is subjective.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My wish for Chrysler would be premium designs and unique models (shooting brake, coupe-ish CUVs, premium interiors) that aren't available in the other brands. If they allowed access to the cheaper EMP2 platform, modify it like Audi, Mazda, and now Acura does for RWD proportions. AWD, hybridization to full electric models should be what the brand is known for.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
go back to the previous 300’s headlight design (say no to wrap around!) and make it a touchstone for the brand. Like the idea of tall side windows and tall ride heigh.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
My wish for Chrysler would be premium designs and unique models (shooting brake, coupe-ish CUVs, premium interiors) that aren't available in the other brands. If they allowed access to the cheaper EMP2 platform, modify it like Audi, Mazda, and now Acura does for RWD proportions. AWD, hybridization to full electric models should be what the brand is known for.
EMP1/CMP is the cheaper one.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I think what CHRYSLER has now is quite good . I’m quite OK with rebadged Peugeots and DS on the short run. In the longer run IMHO, they should have an all new electric 300 that looks a lot like the present now iconic Engles inspired one. It’s a classic practical shape that contrasts with the look a like rest of the industry.
It's Engel and Chrysler, Engles and Marx. I don't want Engles anywhere near my car, it will turn into a 2 cylinder 2 stroke.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The 99 Chrysler Concorde and LHS, but not the earlier Concorde and 300M, just look like aerodynamic dusbusters to me with that vacuum nozzle jet intake proboscis. IMO the 300M is a great look, best of the Chrysler branded LH cars.
The 98-01 Concorde and 98-04 Intrepid remind me of the Charger Daytona and Superbird. The 300M reminds me it was supposed to be an Eagle. I'm not a fan of the LHS nose that spread to the Concorde for '02.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts