Allpar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes, and how many would they have sold? None of the FWD cars from that era are even in production anymore! Going RWD probably saved the LX's for 10 years past their original life span. I don't remember the Concorde as a particularly big seller for Chrysler, and the 2nd generation wasn't nearly as handsome as the original LHS was. The 300 was the right move, but they did need a follow up, either a New Yorker or a Newport to handle the customers looking for more of a 'luxury' orientation. They killed their longest and strongest nameplate for no good reason. (New Yorker)
I think the 300 took that over. At the time Chrysler could have done many things but we know what happened. Maybe the 300 should have been a New Yorker and the 300M stayed fwd. We'll never know.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I believe I've seen it before! I actually really like that. It became the 2004 Pacifica, didn't it?

The Pacifica looks good today, but the lack of creases in this concept still gives it a modern look. It looks like something Citroën would make. Who knows, maybe Citroën could work with Chrysler to put a modern version of the Citadel into production. Call the top trim Durango "Anodized Platinum" and call this the Chrysler Citadel.
If I remember correctly it was something that Audi now calls the A7. I'll check on Allpar and post a pic if I see it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I know of the A7. Most sedans should be liftbacks today since trunk space is the reason people buy SUVs. But liftbacks allow people into smaller cars while minimally compromising trunk space.
This is one but I recall Chrysler having another one similar to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Never scrapped a MOPAR because of rust. I live in New Jersey . roads get salted. Had company vehicles so my rides did not see salt. Now retited my 09 Challenger has rust holes in front of rear wheels. i gotta blame Daimler for rush to market.
Looking for used electric to replace vehicle. Makes more sence to fix present car. @ 75 who knows how long I can drive.
Not trying to go off topic too much but what engine and transmission does it have? Just curious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts