Allpar Forums banner

Chrysler's Future Design Language: What Should It Be?

30177 282
Chrysler's Future Design Language

What do you think Chrysler's future design language should be? Anybody feel like sharing designs they made, or aspects of other designs are certainly welcome to do so. Should the design be distinctive, smooth, luxurious, generic, etc? Should there be a corporate design across all products or should vehicles vary? What would you like to see out of Chrysler's future designs?

I designed something awhile back... Not sure it holds merit today (I'm not professional, just having fun obviously). I posted it in the quote below.

Been working on a new concept car. It's a Chrysler product... it looks somewhat sporty and maybe luxurious. I would probably at this point call it a concept Chrysler Concorde. I also like the name Chrysler Atlantic. Still working on finalizing.

I feel the headlight's are too cliche looking at this point and seem to look a bit Audi-like while the grille isn't Chrysler-y enough. But I feel if tweaked some more I could make it seem more Chrysler like... and who knows, maybe it does look like a Chrysler! I could be overly hard on myself here. That said, I like the shape of this car.

Hello again everyone! Been working on a Chrysler mid-size. I thought of many different names and ended up clapping the Concorde name on this. That name might be too outdated, but it just seemed to fit here. I was trying to think of original names are well going off geographic locations that fit with the "Pacific" and "Atlantic" style names. I wanted the car to be sleek and sporty, but luxurious inside. So this is a work in progress. I might slim the grille.

Any thoughts welcome and hope you enjoy.
You can see my Mopar photo and all my poorly done renders at this link (within the forum).

Now let's hear from you on what you think Chrysler's future design language should be like?
181 - 200 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,723 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,020 Posts
And this is exactly the problem with slapping the Pentastar on everything. The video titles refer to it both as a Dodge Aries and a Chrysler Aries.
Pentastar is (was) to be a corporate symbol. Not a brand symbol, especially not a symbol to be used for Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler brands all at once. This was a marketing (brand/logo) nightmare. Probably from Iacocca himself.

·
Banned
3,135 Posts
And this is exactly the problem with slapping the Pentastar on everything. The video titles refer to it both as a Dodge Aries and a Chrysler Aries.
Pentastar is (was) to be a corporate symbol. Not a brand symbol, especially not a symbol to be used for Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler brands all at once. This was a marketing (brand/logo) nightmare. Probably from Iacocca himself.
Make the Fratzog Dodge exclusive and problem solved. Pentastar is distinctive and instantly recognizable as Chrysler. Much better than the Fiat wings or PBR blue ribbon. If you have to get up close and read the text to find out what the brand is you are doing it wrong. Pentastar screams Chrysler from a football field away.

181 - 200 of 283 Posts