Allpar Forums banner
221 - 240 of 283 Posts

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,299 Posts
Rust is the big issue. My last 4 vehicles, all with over 200,000 miles, 3 went to the scrap yard because of rust. the other one was because of an accident. All power trains were running great.
Never scrapped a MOPAR because of rust. I live in New Jersey . roads get salted. Had company vehicles so my rides did not see salt. Now retited my 09 Challenger has rust holes in front of rear wheels. i gotta blame Daimler for rush to market.
Looking for used electric to replace vehicle. Makes more sence to fix present car. @ 75 who knows how long I can drive.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Never scrapped a MOPAR because of rust. I live in New Jersey . roads get salted. Had company vehicles so my rides did not see salt. Now retited my 09 Challenger has rust holes in front of rear wheels. i gotta blame Daimler for rush to market.
Looking for used electric to replace vehicle. Makes more sence to fix present car. @ 75 who knows how long I can drive.
Not trying to go off topic too much but what engine and transmission does it have? Just curious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All electric Chrysler Division line up. Chrysler Pacifica/200 family face and rear appearance. Distinctive high belt line on 300. A BMW 3 series sized 200. An Aspen the size of the Grand Cherokee only sleaker in design. All Chryslers should be premium vehicles, no stripped down versions. Distinctive design from other corporate units. No so called 200 "Limited" base cars.

·
Super Moderator
40,814 Posts
Challengers rust there because the quarter panel area is filled with foam to deaden noise. Water gets in there on some and they rust.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's a bunch of nonsense. Side impact regulations add virtually no space. As for the length, I doubt anyone looking for a small minvan would mind it being 185" long instead of 177" long, both common compact car lengths. The original Grand Caravan was 192" long, same length as an Accord or Sonata. That was the whole point, a small van that parks exactly like a FWD car. A real minivan.

Vehicles actually on sale in the US:
Chevy Spark 1,595 mm (62.8 in) wide 3,636 mm (143.1 in) long (federal bumpers add a whopping 2" to the South Korean car). 97 cu ft subcompact.
Mitsubishi Mirage 1,665 mm (65.6 in) wide 3,845 mm (151.4 in) long, 103/101 cu ft compact hatch/sedan
Nissan Versa 1,740 mm (68.5 in) wide 4,495 mm (177.0 in) long 105 cu ft compact, same as Neon
Hyundai Accent 1,729 mm (68.1 in) wide 4,385 mm (172.6 in) long, 104 cu ft compact, same as Neon

This is precisely what you get on the PSA EMP2 platform with first generation minivan dimensions:

C4 Spacetourer / Grand C4 Spacetourer1st gen Caravan/Grand Caravan
Wheelbase2,785 or 2,840 mm (109.6 or 111.8 in)112 in (2,844.8 mm) 119.1 in (3,025 mm)
Length4,428 or 4,600 mm (174.3 or 181.1 in)177.3 in (4,503 mm) 191.9 in (4,874 mm)
Width1,826 mm (71.9 in)72 in (1,829 mm)
Height1,610 or 1,625 mm (63.4 or 64.0 in)64.6 in (1,641 mm)

Grand C4 spacetourer is the same wheelbase as the SWB Caravan, it winds up 181" long, 4" longer than the SWB caravan. Width and height are almost exactly the same. That's pretty much what modern safety regulations do.
Thank you! The Mazda5 was so perfect. Loved the footprint, sliding doors and yes the looks. I was very confused when writers refused to call it a minivan when its dimensions were the closest to a real minivan we had seen in years. These boats we have today are great but they're not minivans.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thank you! The Mazda5 was so perfect. Loved the footprint, sliding doors and yes the looks. I was very confused when writers refused to call it a minivan when its dimensions were the closest to a real minivan we had seen in years. These boats we have today are great but they're not minivans.
The Portal looks closer to "mini"van. I wonder if the Pacifica successor is going to shrink, but maximize interior volume. Kind of what the Transit Connect is.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
You're one of the few. Mazda sold just over 160k of them in the US over a span of 13 years.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,769 Posts
Here we go. It's pretty rough, but the first new rendering I've done in a bit. Click the image for it's full size. If you look too close, it gets rough. This would fill the slot the excellent Chrysler 200S/C was in.

Not too bad. I would add more chrome though.

·
Banned
3,135 Posts
It looks quite good, but it also looks like the new Acura Integra. I would prefer something a little more rounded in front like the '93 or '98 Condorde. This looks too Japanese, especially the headlights with the sharp lines molded in plastic and the six little headlights. Not a fan of the Fiat era wing or grill texture it is on or the rubber band 35 series tires.

·
Banned
3,135 Posts
can i ask for an updated RWD 93 Daytona ;)
Ask all you want. Given the lack of a small RWD platform and how poorly the Mazda and Toyota have done the chances are slim and none, and slim just left out the door. More likely is an AWD '93 Stealth revival as a hybrid on EMP2. That's a platform they already make with several factories with spare capacity.

221 - 240 of 283 Posts