Allpar Forums banner
241 - 260 of 283 Posts

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
CHRYSLER AIRFLOW 'NEW LOOK' DEBUTS THIS WEEK

According to Chrysler, the Chrysler Airflow is going to have a "new look" when it re-debuts this week at the New York Auto Show. They provided this teaser image below. Do not expect a full car redesign, but who really knows? The full reveal will be April 13th, 2022.
Article

· Banned
3,135 Posts
CHRYSLER AIRFLOW 'NEW LOOK' DEBUTS THIS WEEK

According to Chrysler, the Chrysler Airflow is going to have a "new look" when it re-debuts this week at the New York Auto Show. They provided this teaser image below. Do not expect a full car redesign, but who really knows? The full reveal will be April 13th, 2022.
Article

Is that an Opel with a door handle added?

· Registered
1,320 Posts
It was never intended as a re-design, you guys should read the news occasionally. They stated from the very beginning that they were going to refresh the exterior look, period, and that's exactly what they did, gave it a new color and trim, and probably gave it production ready items like the 'ghost black' wheels. Very sharp, especially the copper trim, and it would be nice to see it in a midnight blue metallic with copper accents and a linen interior!

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Some minor news that isn't all that exciting. But it ensures what Chrysler's future design language will be. It's a pretty stupid article honestly, so don't read it, lol. Lots of speculation. The only thing that matters is that Chrysler patented the Airflow.

Article

Also some Dodge dealer that has a blog wrote about it with some other minor details.

Blog Post

· Registered
715 Posts
It looks like a small interior opening from the Patent drawing. IMO, Chrysler needs to prioritize interior space and range. Right now, if you want the largest interior in most of the segments, your choices are VW and Hyundai.

· Registered
12,373 Posts
The Hyundai Ionic 6 is getting rave reviews for its interior space. It looks smaller from the outside but when you get inside, it is more spacious than expected.

Reactions: rmtodd

· Super Moderator
21,328 Posts
Chrysler used to excel in interior space. The Neon and LH cars, as well as any minivan, were prime examples. But many recent vehicles are not the best. The LX and following variations were not overly roomy. Cherokee managed to take a decent exterior size and somehow end up with compromised cargo space. Renegade is boxy but narrow. The WK based Jeeps were fairly roomy, but there is no side-to-side knee room.
Passenger comfort needs to be a priority.

· Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,825 Posts
Chrysler used to excel in interior space. The Neon and LH cars, as well as any minivan, were prime examples. But many recent vehicles are not the best. The LX and following variations were not overly roomy. Cherokee managed to take a decent exterior size and somehow end up with compromised cargo space. Renegade is boxy but narrow. The WK based Jeeps were fairly roomy, but there is no side-to-side knee room.
Passenger comfort needs to be a priority.
I was always surprised at how much interior space was in a Dodge Neon for the size of the car. Didn't actually feel like a small car while driving it.

· Super Moderator
21,328 Posts
I was always surprised at how much interior space was in a Dodge Neon for the size of the car. Didn't actually feel like a small car while driving it.
Yeah, you had to duck a bit to get in, but once you were fine. Even my long legs were fine in one.

· Registered
12,373 Posts
This was the advantage of using the "cab forward" design, pushing the wheels out to the corners to maximize interior room.

Hyundai has done this with the Ioniq 5.

Wheel Tire Window Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,825 Posts
Yeah, you had to duck a bit to get in, but once you were fine. Even my long legs were fine in one.
I could see that. It worked great for me since I'm not that tall. What I enjoyed about it was the steering. It seemed very responsive and smooth like the Stratus.

241 - 260 of 283 Posts