Allpar Forums banner

Chrysler's Future Design Language: What Should It Be?

30385 282
Chrysler's Future Design Language

What do you think Chrysler's future design language should be? Anybody feel like sharing designs they made, or aspects of other designs are certainly welcome to do so. Should the design be distinctive, smooth, luxurious, generic, etc? Should there be a corporate design across all products or should vehicles vary? What would you like to see out of Chrysler's future designs?

I designed something awhile back... Not sure it holds merit today (I'm not professional, just having fun obviously). I posted it in the quote below.

Been working on a new concept car. It's a Chrysler product... it looks somewhat sporty and maybe luxurious. I would probably at this point call it a concept Chrysler Concorde. I also like the name Chrysler Atlantic. Still working on finalizing.

I feel the headlight's are too cliche looking at this point and seem to look a bit Audi-like while the grille isn't Chrysler-y enough. But I feel if tweaked some more I could make it seem more Chrysler like... and who knows, maybe it does look like a Chrysler! I could be overly hard on myself here. That said, I like the shape of this car.

Hello again everyone! Been working on a Chrysler mid-size. I thought of many different names and ended up clapping the Concorde name on this. That name might be too outdated, but it just seemed to fit here. I was trying to think of original names are well going off geographic locations that fit with the "Pacific" and "Atlantic" style names. I wanted the car to be sleek and sporty, but luxurious inside. So this is a work in progress. I might slim the grille.

Any thoughts welcome and hope you enjoy.
You can see my Mopar photo and all my poorly done renders at this link (within the forum).

Now let's hear from you on what you think Chrysler's future design language should be like?
261 - 280 of 283 Posts

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Looks too much like a Jeep still. But I do think that front can look elegant and luxurious, but you're gonna need to really smooth out lines and make it curvy. Can't just use a base and slap new logos on. We'll need whole new lines, curves, etc. This is not Chrysler's future design language my friend. Nice work though.

· Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
25,227 Posts
FWIW. Jeep Renegade starts at $25. Compass, $27. Cherokee, $35.
Dodge Challenger starts at $31, cheapest Dodge.
Ram 1500 Classic and ProMaster City start at around $31.
Fiat 500X is around $30 last time I looked)
(x 1,000)
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
^ It's sad how none of their lineup appeals to me anymore. The last two products to appeal to me were the Chrysler 200S and the Dodge Dart. They were also both affordable.

· Registered
5,962 Posts
Reactions: Zagnut27

· Registered
153 Posts
FWIW. Jeep Renegade starts at $25. Compass, $27. Cherokee, $35.
Dodge Challenger starts at $31, cheapest Dodge.
Ram 1500 Classic and ProMaster City start at around $31.
Fiat 500X is around $30 last time I looked)
(x 1,000)
View attachment 88735
Here's the issue: Only two of those vehicles are of any real interest to me, one of them being entirely impractical and both of them still out of my comfort zone on pricing even if I compromise greatly on fearures. They make it so you have to buy a whole pile of stuff just because you want a better engine and taller gears. To get a 5.7 manual Challenger is a minimum of $46,755cdn. Nahhh, I work for an hourly wage, the math doesn't work well for my family and I. To downgrade to an automatic V6? Since we're now talking about a vehicle I don't want, instead I saved myself another $20,000 and bought an import. Super reliable low maintenance 4 banger, and they even were willing to make and sell a manual.

· Administrator
25,227 Posts
Given that I'm in the same situation, I can't argue. I'm looking at Mazda 3 now because they don't make the Civic Si as far as I can tell. I tried GM first because I wanted to stay American but they've got nothing between Spark and Malibu. I even looked at the (South Korean) Spark, well, “looked at,” I mean considered from the specs.

· Registered
153 Posts
Given that I'm in the same situation, I can't argue. I'm looking at Mazda 3 now because they don't make the Civic Si as far as I can tell. I tried GM first because I wanted to stay American but they've got nothing between Spark and Malibu. I even looked at the (South Korean) Spark, well, “looked at,” I mean considered from the specs.
I tested an Si, too pricey for me. Engine felt good but it still very much felt loke an econo interior. I dunno, I may be out of touch with what it really costs for them to make these cars but I simply don't see the value. I'm above the median income in Canada but I don't understand how people are affording these cars. I opted for the LX 2.0 Manual civic. I don't like it, it's slow, uncomfortable, but it will require minimal maintenance and aside from constantly wearing out pads and warping rotors I don't anticipate much mechanical breakdowns. My history of mopar budget vehicles tells me not to take the risk. Maybe I'm just uncomfortable with large payments? No idea where all this money is coming from to stimulate all this increased cost. Worlds gone crazy maaan.

· Administrator
25,227 Posts
I tested an Si, too pricey for me. Engine felt good but it still very much felt loke an econo interior. I dunno, I may be out of touch with what it really costs for them to make these cars but I simply don't see the value. I'm above the median income in Canada but I don't understand how people are affording these cars. I opted for the LX 2.0 Manual civic. I don't like it, it's slow, uncomfortable, but it will require minimal maintenance and aside from constantly wearing out pads and warping rotors I don't anticipate much mechanical breakdowns. My history of mopar budget vehicles tells me not to take the risk. Maybe I'm just uncomfortable with large payments? No idea where all this money is coming from to stimulate all this increased cost. Worlds gone crazy maaan.
When I looked at the Si it was $24,000 but I didn't bite. Takes a lot to overcome my reluctance to get a Honda. That's why I'm looking more at the Mazdas... I've been looking for a new car for over a year. I like the Dart in winter, but in summer, the a/c sorta overwhelms the 1.4 engine and clobbers fuel economy as well. How's the a/c on the Civic?

· Registered
153 Posts
When I looked at the Si it was $24,000 but I didn't bite. Takes a lot to overcome my reluctance to get a Honda. That's why I'm looking more at the Mazdas... I've been looking for a new car for over a year. I like the Dart in winter, but in summer, the a/c sorta overwhelms the 1.4 engine and clobbers fuel economy as well. How's the a/c on the Civic?
Only real reason I went Honda was I have family at a dealer. Otherwise it was honda/toyota/mazda but I got a good buy on the civic.

AC still blows cold but I don't have any wood close by.. happy they upped the warranty on the AC to ten years.

I get about 7.3L/100km in the 2.0 6 speed. I'm definitely not light footed, drive 130km/h to work daily and I don't keep "eco" on.

· Administrator
25,227 Posts
I can agree but right now it's working and for car dealers, who cares what comes next? There are always ignorant buyers, and anyway, a misleading ad and a few F&I con games will work next time the suckers walk in. It's not like there's mass transit or mixed commercial/residential in most places.

· Registered
12,179 Posts
Technology cannot and will never replace the experience of an actual physical product.
Clothing retailers are going out of business in favor of online. Shoes, shirts, dresses, etc are all online.

People once thought they would never buy clothes without touching and trying them on first, but generous return policies and create business models have succeeded where brick and mortar did not.

· Super Moderator
21,069 Posts
Clothing retailers are going out of business in favor of online. Shoes, shirts, dresses, etc are all online.

People once thought they would never buy clothes without touching and trying them on first, but generous return policies and create business models have succeeded where brick and mortar did not.
Not to mention that (unless you were buying an early JL/JT) after you drive one example of a model you know how another is going to drive. So you drive a friend's car or a rental car and like it, you may be fine without the dealer test drive experience to buy the same car.

· Jeepaholic
7,076 Posts
I test drove every car I’ve ever purchased…and my wife’s cars too (she won’t test drive them, she makes me do it lol). I don’t know how much of a deciding factor any of them were for me. Mostly I did my research online and I knew what I wanted going in (And by saying “I” I mean “we”).

Seeing the interiors in person did help though, especially when making the decision between the Explorer and the Durango…however, my wife made her choice between those two vehicles based on the pics I took.

When I bought my TJ, it wouldn’t have mattered if it drove like a slow moving brick against a hurricane-force headwind, I was going to get myself a Wrangler. Which was good, because it unfortunately did drive just like that. :LOL:

Still though, it’s nice being able to see and touch before you lay out a mortgage…um…car payment.

Reactions: tlc and NWbyNW
261 - 280 of 283 Posts