Allpar Forums banner

Chrysler's Future Design Language: What Should It Be?

31467 Views 282 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  NWbyNW
Chrysler's Future Design Language

What do you think Chrysler's future design language should be? Anybody feel like sharing designs they made, or aspects of other designs are certainly welcome to do so. Should the design be distinctive, smooth, luxurious, generic, etc? Should there be a corporate design across all products or should vehicles vary? What would you like to see out of Chrysler's future designs?

I designed something awhile back... Not sure it holds merit today (I'm not professional, just having fun obviously). I posted it in the quote below.

Been working on a new concept car. It's a Chrysler product... it looks somewhat sporty and maybe luxurious. I would probably at this point call it a concept Chrysler Concorde. I also like the name Chrysler Atlantic. Still working on finalizing.

I feel the headlight's are too cliche looking at this point and seem to look a bit Audi-like while the grille isn't Chrysler-y enough. But I feel if tweaked some more I could make it seem more Chrysler like... and who knows, maybe it does look like a Chrysler! I could be overly hard on myself here. That said, I like the shape of this car.

Hello again everyone! Been working on a Chrysler mid-size. I thought of many different names and ended up clapping the Concorde name on this. That name might be too outdated, but it just seemed to fit here. I was trying to think of original names are well going off geographic locations that fit with the "Pacific" and "Atlantic" style names. I wanted the car to be sleek and sporty, but luxurious inside. So this is a work in progress. I might slim the grille.

Any thoughts welcome and hope you enjoy.
You can see my Mopar photo and all my poorly done renders at this link (within the forum).

Now let's hear from you on what you think Chrysler's future design language should be like?
161 - 180 of 283 Posts

· Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,809 Posts
Boy, everyone's pinning their hopes and expectations on a twin turbo inline six. It doesn't seem to have a catchy name, as they've said they won't refer to it as Tornado, which in the Midwest probably isn't a good name. I think many will be let down by this, as it's time may have passed. Time will tell.

· Registered
715 Posts
It gives me vibes of the concept that Chrysler made called the Citadel.
I believe I've seen it before! I actually really like that. It became the 2004 Pacifica, didn't it?

The Pacifica looks good today, but the lack of creases in this concept still gives it a modern look. It looks like something Citroën would make. Who knows, maybe Citroën could work with Chrysler to put a modern version of the Citadel into production. Call the top trim Durango "Anodized Platinum" and call this the Chrysler Citadel.

· Banned
3,135 Posts
Much better, but you still didn't make it the same size as the headlights. There is a line right by the corner of the headlight. Fill in that triangle and extend the bottom line across to the other headlight. Who said the grill has to be a rectangle with rounded corners, that has poor integration with those headlights. Trapezoids are fine, but stay away from hexagons.

Unfortunately the smaller grill without one below a bumper bar just serves to illustrate how unacceptably tall the nose is. Give those black fog light surrounds some below the bumper grill company

· Registered
643 Posts
I believe I've seen it before! I actually really like that. It became the 2004 Pacifica, didn't it?

The Pacifica looks good today, but the lack of creases in this concept still gives it a modern look. It looks like something Citroën would make. Who knows, maybe Citroën could work with Chrysler to put a modern version of the Citadel into production. Call the top trim Durango "Anodized Platinum" and call this the Chrysler Citadel.
If I remember correctly it was something that Audi now calls the A7. I'll check on Allpar and post a pic if I see it.

· Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,825 Posts
Compared to modern Toyotas, Lexus, and maybe a few other Chinese, and Asian brands, It's a classic, non-offensive front end. You could consider it a sharper evolution of the 200 sedan as well.
I don't think it looks bad just too similar is all. I agree it's non offensive.

· Registered
643 Posts
I know of the A7. Most sedans should be liftbacks today since trunk space is the reason people buy SUVs. But liftbacks allow people into smaller cars while minimally compromising trunk space.
This is one but I recall Chrysler having another one similar to this.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 283 Posts