Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade/smooth out the suspension on my 2007 Chrysler Sebring Limited that the previous owner replaced the struts with moneroe sensatrac quick stuts and ruined the ride (too stiff and strut mounts seem to rattle, had same problem with 1996 LH that had monroe quick struts) with 2014 parts. Anyhow, I see a bunch of 3 letter codes for the struts and in the description it says touring, sport, etc. However when I get to the springs, I see different 3 letter codes and no description of suspension type, no spring rate, nothing. How do I know what springs give me what quality ride or what letter codes go to what ride quality and whethter these are convertible or sedan springs. Also, anyone swap a 2014 200 rear stabilizer bar onto a 2007-2010 sebring?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,020 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. With the last 8 digits of the VIN, I could tell you what sales codes your car originally came with.
The sales code list is here:
http://starparts.chrysler.com/starlibrary/reference_docs/salescode.pdf
The suspension parts start with the letter 'Z'. The suspension types start with the letter 'S'. (SDA is normal susp. SDC is touring. SDE is sport. SDF is Euro. etc.)
The parts catalog is here:
http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD5/06-08/07JS.pdf
Chapter 2 is front suspension. Chapter 17 is rear suspension.
'41' is a 4-door sedan. '27' is the convertible.
If you have noise over bumps, that can make a car seem to ride harder than it actually is and you want to address that first. Make sure that the jack and spare are fastened down first, then look for worn suspension links and bushings.
The 2014 200 rear sway bar seems to be the same part # 68089521AA as the 2007-10 Sebring. Both are the 'JS'-body and the same as the Dodge Avenger. The bar itself usually doesn't go bad unless an end breaks off. Do you currently have a rear sway bar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the quick reply, that's just the sales info I needed, now it is starting to make sense! And thank-you for the ideas on the suspension, I'll be sure to check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts