Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. First of all, hope you have a great Christmas and New Years. Never get on here as often as I would like... Sooo.. I have a 1996 C Cirrus LX 2.5 lt V6 (Mitsubishi 6G73 ).... Recently changed oil.. used this high mileage stuff ( may or may not be related ) and have noticed that the Oil Pressure Light will come on at the red lights ( off the throttle =, of course). Sometimes just flickers or doesn't come on at all... Has NEVER stalled... but seems to be running a little rougher...WHY AM I LOSING OIL PRESSURE.... HISTORY commute 800km/ week...last in shop Feb 2012... Plugs and New fuel pump...CAI Purchased at 202000/ 06, 2012, currently 253000km .... Also roll in an '85 Dodge Ram D100 Custom with a LA318... Use in the winter when it snows... pricey to drive, but great fun!!! hence the 6 banger. Large Mopar fan.. First car Challenger, too bad I sold ( and No she won't sell it back...Yet...) Am currently searching for DArt or RR... Thanks for any help. and love the site....

·
KOG
6,995 Posts
First look to the sending unit, those are known failure spots on about any engine.

·
Super Moderator
36,920 Posts
Yep, I agree the sending unit is probably the cause. Especially if there are no odd engine noises accompanying the oil light.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Every time I had one of those sending units fail, they also leaked oil. They can leak enough to lose much of the oil, so you may want to also watch for that. If the engine is noisy when the oil light flickers, shut the engine off and have the pressure checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts