Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the vacuum plug on the back of the climate control unit

A part number or even a direct link would be fantastic, thanks.

I haven't had any luck locating one.

·
Super Moderator
36,941 Posts
This part was a pretty common failure point as the plug tends to disintegrate as it gets old. You may find one in a junkyard (they were used in lots of vehicles) but you can eliminate the connector if you can';t find a good one by using small hard vacuum line to join the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
valiant67 said:
This part was a pretty common failure point as the plug tends to disintegrate as it gets old. You may find one in a junkyard (they were used in lots of vehicles) but you can eliminate the connector if you can';t find a good one by using small hard vacuum line to join the vacuum lines.
I'm not super educated about vacuum lines though they do look simple, do you think you could provide images of what you're talking about, as in images of appropriate pieces that would work. I kind of understand what youre saying but images would help a lot. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
36,941 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the pic isn't showing up for me, if you could upload it that would be FANTASTIC. This sounds like something I'll be doing.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
That control unit is almost universal on the 1989-1995 EEK's, so basically anything you find online or in a junkyard (which would be my first shot) will work. The printing and graphics are different on some of the later ones, but the button locations, etc, look to be exactly the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts