Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't tell for certain and/or wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Have we seen any of these new mules other than this one? I haven't seen any like this and I've been trying to keep up with it.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Still has a hell of a front overhang. This is definitely a new mule; taped-up production headlights (maybe) instead of the botched install of the Alfa ones. Interesting where the ambers (fogs?) are though, there looks to be another hole down below for a set of fog-lights. So, still hobbled a bit maybe?

Actually... sketchover.. not entirely accurate, given the 'sketch' quality. xD

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Damn Sir, you beat me to it :D
You are most definitely on the ball man! And yes, looks like the real deal this time around, or at least much closer than the other spy shots we've seen thus far.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Well whatever it is, it did roll off a line at a Chrysler plant. The barcode in the windshield is a dead giveaway.

But I'm honestly thinking that *is* the Liberkee.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
First off, it's not a "mule" it's the Pre-production Liberkee(r).
Underneath the "Jeep" skin, is the same running gear and parts that the mule body hid during testing.
Same basic shape, but the camo cladding is a giveaway that the sheetmetal is getting close, or is completed.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Btw, look at the shape of the side glass; it IS exactly the same vehicle that was photographed a few weeks back by an insider, and that was first posted and later removed from the Liberkee page here on Allpar. To those who managed to see it, it was the white one with some parts covered in a sand/pinkish material (like bondo).
So between that picture and this one, we should have a good idea of what's to come.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
yeah, when I was doing the Liberkee rendering (from that pic) that front window threw me off, cause .. really that's an odd shape for the belt-line. LOL

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Yep, exactly Suz!
The character lines on the doors and side panels mimic very closely those present in the grand cherokee (maybe slightly more dynamic here). Ditto for the b and c pillar treatment; identical to the GC. The front is totally different apparently, so I'm curious to see what they've come up with.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,378 Posts
I Would Say T-Town North is Well into Pre-Production.
A Quote:
"It’s also been rumored that the next Liberty could utilize a 3.2-liter version of Chrysler's Pentastar V-6 engine and a nine-speed automatic"

I Like the Reference to the "Rumored 3.2L".

You Should See all the Rumored Cranks We Ran Over Christmas.

TMD

Reactions: redhed

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Ha!
We here at Allpar noted the 3.2 and 9 speed ONE year ago in the DOJ? Thread. ;)

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
My feelings about its capability aside, it is disappointing to see that the production version did not gain any cargo space.
It virtually eliminates it as a viable Jeep to use for camping trips and delegates it to all weather commuter car.

Reactions: CherokeeVision

·
Registered
162 Posts
The shape of the bottom of the side windows (window sills they're called?), are Giulietta looking still, I don't think this is finished yet (design-wise). And we already know it won't be at Detroit right?

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,378 Posts
Finished?

Let's See It's Jan 10th --- Ok I'm Sure It's a Ways Past Styling Freeze !

TMD

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
I Would Say T-Town North is Well into Pre-Production.
A Quote:
"It’s also been rumored that the next Liberty could utilize a 3.2-liter version of Chrysler's Pentastar V-6 engine and a nine-speed automatic"

I Like the Reference to the "Rumored 3.2L".

You Should See all the Rumored Cranks We Ran Over Christmas.

TMD
ROFLMAO!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
While admittedly my front overhang was way off (as I mentioned in my post) my rendering, based on the missing leaked pic (still available at carspyshots) was pretty spot on:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Jackratchett said:
http://rumors.automobilemag.com/files/2013/01/2014-Jeep-Liberty-profile-spied.jpg

Looks like the pilot in the spy picture is as close as it gets to the production version.

Well if this is close...other than perhaps the front end......lookswise it might just as well be put it the mall parking lot with the RAV4's, CRV's, Escapes, KIA's,etc. Is there some 'design creed' out there that all these need to look the same ? The rears on all of them almost could be interchangeable.
Hope it sells well, but I'm really disappointed with the non-distinctive looks. Where's Virgil (Exner) when you need him !!

1 - 20 of 174 Posts