Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Yeah, I think when they say Cherokee they mean GC, and when they talk about new compass/patriot and liberty they are talking about the MY with the new transmission, not the replacement.
I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Something is going to happen, but the folks who know are embargoed.

·
Registered
530 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Something is going to happen, but the folks who know are embargoed.
I thought something might happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
SouthPawXJ said:
I thought something might happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
....until it happens.....

....or something else happens......

....then we can debate if what happened is what should have happened.....

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
JRS200x said:
And even then, if Sergio Marchionne is your CEO, it isn't always official.
:lol:

T

·
0 Posts
If Chrysler is smart, they would unveil this in Detroit. Unfortunately, some recent events are beginning to signal that some may be in over their heads, or locked up in Auburn Hills too much. Secrecy is good up to a point, after the line is crossed it turns people off and they tend to shop elsewhere. It is starting to look like they are afraid that if they show it they have a fear of [email protected]@ing the faithful off. Not a good start.

·
3,813 Posts
If Chrysler is smart, they would unveil this in Detroit. Unfortunately, some recent events are beginning to signal that some may be in over their heads, or locked up in Auburn Hills too much. Secrecy is good up to a point, after the line is crossed it turns people off and they tend to shop elsewhere. It is starting to look like they are afraid that if they show it they have a fear of [email protected]@ing the faithful off. Not a good start.
What are you talking about? They aren't being secretive, or any more so than any other company. You are mistaking YOUR knowledge, a person who browses enthusiast websites etc every day, for the average person. Most people have no idea a new Liberty/Cherokee is coming or for that matter that there isn't a 2013 Liberty. They might be losing sales because the product isn't on the lots right now and what IS isn't competitive, but they aren't losing sales by not showing off the product, at least not any meaningful amount.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
People will always buy when they see something they want or have the money to spend at any time. With how the US works, they don't need much money to do so and tend to use a loan anyway, so that really isn't an issue. Sales will go if it's competative, if they go buy something else and the new Jeep comes out, they will go sell the car they just bought to go get it. It happens all the time.

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
Production of the Liberty ended in August.

They were supposed to start LiberkeeTM production (test models) in late October/early November.

We will not see the vehicle until April?!

Something does not add up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It will be so nice when this car is finally revealed. Then we wont have to see that stupid made up name "Liberkee" anymore or any of those lousy photoshop images. Gadzooks.

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
Bob_Sheaves said:
What is not clear on the schedule? Maybe I can clear it up for you Erik?
It just seems August to April is longer than a normal retool.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,384 Posts
So at Midnight I Can Post a Pic of a 3.2L Crank - Right?

The T-Town North Re-do Was Very Major.

Sterling Should Not Take as Long Because the Built a Whole New Building Paint Shop and Have Been Doing Work on the Body Shop All Along.

TMD

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
Bob_Sheaves said:
It is. Toledo is undergoing an 18 month rebuild-complete, not just a retool. Remember, there are 5 vehicles going on the new line and the new Cherokee is only one of the 5. That is why 18 months.

The pilot cars would be built in the Pilot Plant at CTC.
Thank you, Bob. I have only been around retools, not the more massive projects.

Is this related to the restructuring of Supplier Park as well and the upcoming Wrangler + variants?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
So at Midnight I Can Post a Pic of a 3.2L Crank - Right?

The T-Town North Re-do Was Very Major.

Sterling Should Not Take as Long Because the Built a Whole New Building Paint Shop and Have Been Doing Work on the Body Shop All Along.

TMD
SHAP or "Sterling" as you called it did construct a new building for the paint shop on the north side of the plant, but is also constructing another very large new building just north of the new paint shop for a new body shop. It is just south of 17Mile Road. The old body shop is on the south side of the plant near Metro Parkway (16 Mile Road).

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,384 Posts
I Think We Have Some Allparians Eyes Kind'a Glaze Over When We (Those of Us Who Have Been Doing New Product Launches for Decades, not Years) Start Going Into the Fine Nuts & Bolts Details of What Has to Go On.

You Really Have to Have Your "Things" Together to Make 1 Vehicle in 1 Minute (or Less).
Or Build an Engine in 32 Seconds, 22 Hours a Day and Do It a World Class Consistent Level.

We Have an Engine "Pull" Rate Measured in Parts Per Million.

By the Time the V-1 Day gets here at Toledo North they Will Have Made Hundreds and Hundreds of Pre-Production on the Regular Line. And Then Regular Production of Retail Customer Cars (V-1, Though It has Another Name Now) Starts Out and "Ramps Up".
Simply Tab "A" has to Fit in Slot "B" Near Perfectly and You Have to Do It 700, 800, or 900+ Times a Day.
Think About that One For A While.
Remember the Saying "Practice Make Perfect.

TMD

41 - 60 of 174 Posts