Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on swapping out an automatic for a manual in my 87 LeBaron. Had some questions about how the clutch cable is routed on the LeBaron coupe (J body).

I see there is a plastic cover on the driver's side strut tower and have also heard there is a bracket that mounts here for the clutch cable. Is that true? Anyone have a photo?

This mounting position seems odd because the grommet through the firewall for the clutch cable is down below the brake booster. So it the cable is mounted up on the strut tower, does it route down and under the booster to the grommet? Seems odd, but if anyone has a photo that would be helpful.

Also if anyone has photos of the clutch pedal setup from under the dash, that would be great to have. I think I have all of the parts but I am just starting to assemble it all.

·
Super Moderator
21,688 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I do have the bracket. I just looked on the car and there is a hole down next to the booster where the hood release cable comes out. I guess that is where the clutch cable goes. I think it makes sense now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts