Allpar Forums banner

Clutch Pedal Switch

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ImperialCrown 
#1 ·
Looking for information on mounting the clutch pedal switch. This is the switch that cancels the cruise control when the clutch is depressed AND allows the car to start only when the pedal is depressed. I assume that is how it would have been setup from the factory.

I am switching from an automatic to a manual. I have the pedal, cable and everything all ready to go - just need some help with this electrical part.

I have a switch part 4379039 - will this work? I'm not sure how it mounts and the parts diagrams aren't very helpful.

LeBaron Coupe 1987.

Thanks.

#2 ·
These are not necessarily the same switch.

My 84 Daytona can be started in gear - no clutch safety switch. I believe that was true up to 1988. So your 87 Lebaron may not have had one.
The cruise control switch on the 84 Daytona is a lever switch, and the clutch arm presses against it and opens the switch as you press the clutch. On my car, the clutch arm caught on the lever and broke it, ruining the switch. Got a new one from Arizona Parts. It mounts under the dash between the clutch and brake arms with two small bolts. and a fragile electrical plug. It looks like the one in your picture.

My 93 Daytona had both the clutch safety switch and cruise control switch combined in one floor-mounted pushbutton switch that the clutch *pedal* presses against.

#4 ·
When I converted my Neon from automatic to stick, I didn't bother with a clutch switch as I was the only driver and I pushed the clutch in out of habit at every start.
The cruise would automatically cancel when I pushed the clutch in as the engine rpm change would be implausible enough for the PCM to kick out the cruise. It didn't rev up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.