Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me...or does the current colour choices across the complete line tend to be on the darker side? I know that Jeep has had the geckko, orange crush and rock lobster. But it seems that all the trucks 1500-5500 are missing some vibrant colours? Remember the Intense Blue/ Electric Blue that was available on the trucks a few years back...that was a VERY sharp colour...they still catch my eye today...what are your thoughts?

·
10,394 Posts
Sorta. I miss the Blue Streak in the Challengers and B5 in the Chargers; the new Jazz Blue is just too dark.

On the other hand, I like the new Billet Silver and Anvil colors; love Commando Green and Dozer yellow in the JKs

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
My 200 is Billet Silver. Normally I hate any shade of silver, but this color isn't as "loud" or "brassy" as most silvers. I'm getting used to it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Was hoping to see some new colours on 2014 Rams, but the update on the Rams doesn't mention any new colours. I would like to have seen a nice blue like the ones that were mentioned here. True Blue is alright but a little dark for my taste, don't like the baby blues either...just a nice solid blue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have to agree with you about the True Blue...still fairly dark. In genereal...when you drive past the dealership...except for the Jeeps and occasional Dart...just a sea of greys, reds and blacks. Now I do like some of those colours, but more choices would be nice. Personally...I have only seen one 4th gen Ram in Detonator yellow (2500-3500), and one in Orange (fleet colour?). Go onto build and price and the colour choces for '13 Ram HD are cut in half compared to last year. On a different forum, one member was posting pics of HD's in various fleet colours...and some of those brought back memories of the old High Impact colours...we are talking hues that are very close to Sublime green, Petty blue etc. I know that these were specific colours marketed for fleet purchases...but did they ever look sharp!!!

Reactions: JA Cumbo

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I think there should be a 10 year ban on any vehicle painted a shade of grey/silver!!
There are soooo many blah colored vehicles on the road it's mind numbing.

Does mopar's available colors make any sense?
Have to order the RT to get a red Challenger.
Tried to "build and price" a 300C but there is not one color available that i'm not sick of. I mean, how many blacks or whites do you need?
And off topic but, since when does a 300C come with a V6 leaving the Hemi an option?

phew, i feel better, thanks for starting this topic!!

Think i'm gonna keep the Charger and look at a Camaro as a second car. Now there are some color choices.

next?

·
10,394 Posts
Chrysler is not the only one doing black-grey-silver-white. Have you ever seen an Audi in any color than black or silver? It seems that every Lexus RX on the road is either silver or "greige"; every Accord pretty much is gray; every Mercedes GL seems to be black...etc.

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
And off topic but, since when does a 300C come with a V6 leaving the Hemi an option?
That was new for 2013, and with the power of the V6 and the 8 speed it probably is not a bad thing. i'd strongly consider it if I was in the market for a 300.

·
10,394 Posts
I find Chrysler is playing it too "safe" with interior color choices:
  1. The Grand Cherokee offered a gorgeous Saddle leather interior when it debuted in 2011; in 2014 it was replaced with a super-dark brown and blue leather impossible to tell apart from black
  2. Similarly, the 2012 Wrangler offered a rich, inviting Saddle leather interior. It appears halfway through 2013 it got rid of it, leaving black as the only color choice inside...with miscellaneous "saddle" interior plastic trim pieces as the only interior color "option" --now called "Black interior with Saddle accents" (?!?!?!?!)
  3. Radar Red is gone from the 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT; only interior color now is black
I HATE black interiors. BOOOOORING...!

I've been wanting to get a green Wrangler for YEARS, but Jeep and I can never get in alignment. When I ordered my 2012 there was no viable Green available (Black Forest Green looked black); then Commando Green came out in 2013, which I love, but I already had my 2012 Dozer. Now that I am ready to trade in for a 2014, Jeep decides to drop Commando Green and the Saddle interior...the exact combination I wanted.

I will have to hold onto my 2012 until Jeep decides to bring back some interesting combinations once again.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Aldo said:
I find Chrysler is playing it too "safe" with interior color choices:

• The Grand Cherokee offered a gorgeous Saddle leather interior when it debuted in 2011; in 2014 it was replaced with a super-dark brown and blue leather impossible to tell apart from black
  • Similarly, the 2012 Wrangler offered a rich, inviting Saddle leather interior. It appears halfway through 2013 it got rid of it, leaving black as the only color choice inside...with miscellaneous "saddle" interior plastic trim pieces as the only interior color "option" --now called "Black interior with Saddle accents" (?!?!?!?!)
  • Radar Red is gone from the 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT; only interior color now is black
I HATE black interiors. BOOOOORING...!

I've been wanting to get a green Wrangler for YEARS, but Jeep and I can never get in alignment. When I ordered my 2012 there was no viable Green available (Black Forest Green looked black); then Commando Green came out in 2013, which I love, but I already had my 2012 Dozer. Now that I am ready to trade in for a 2014, Jeep decides to drop Commando Green and the Saddle interior...the exact combination I wanted.

I will have to hold onto my 2012 until Jeep decides to bring back some interesting combinations once again.
...and in a Jeep the black interiors are prone to trail dirt and they get HOT! in the Mojave Desert.
Sorry to inform you, the 2013 I bought last week has both Commado Green and dark saddle tan interior. There are only 3 left in SoCal.
As far as I can tell, only the color choice was changed for 2014, the options are nearly identical.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Aldo said:
Chrysler is not the only one doing black-grey-silver-white. Have you ever seen an Audi in any color than black or silver? It seems that every Lexus RX on the road is either silver or "greige"; every Accord pretty much is gray; every Mercedes GL seems to be black...etc.
If your buying a luxury car with the economy still in rough shape, do you want to call attention to yourself with a bright standout of the woodpile colour?

·
10,394 Posts
MoparNorm said:
...and in a Jeep the black interiors are prone to trail dirt and they get HOT! in the Mojave Desert.
Sorry to inform you, the 2013 I bought last week has both Commado Green and dark saddle tan interior. There are only 3 left in SoCal.
As far as I can tell, only the color choice was changed for 2014, the options are nearly identical.
I know...I've been looking...

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
It's the beige vehicles that get me. They look like a really dirty silver car...all the time.

Silver is good, as it hides dirt ;)

I hate light interior colours. The interior in my caliber drives me nuts. The darker interior in our Caravan is an improvement, but I want something that is all black for the future.

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK, dumb question. We have some enterprising salespeople here. Would it be possible to establish an order list in some fashion for special order colors?

As I recall, for some of the vehicles the current minimum order is 10 units. If we could hook up the right people at some number of dealerships, maybe some runs of Challengers and Chargers would be possible in colors like Petty Blue and Detonator Yellow.

With the appropriate web portal, you could assess interest in a slate of colors, drive potential purchasers to paticular dealers/salespeople, and track and publish numbers of qualified buyers for a certain color. Hit the magic 10 by a deadline and the order goes to production.

I know, it means a lot of effort and patience, but it seems easier than sitting for years and crossing your fingers for an interesting paint color on a model you can afford.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts