Allpar Forums banner

81 - 100 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I see my daily Allpar visits will be done with. Been using the phone all week with frustration.. was holding out comment until i used a PC... This is horrible. Even the tutorial doesnt work properly... New... NOT improved by along shot

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's like the new owners aren't listening at all. "Give us your feedback (and we'll throw it out with all the useful articles that made Allpar the go-to). Have a nice day (suckers)"

·
Administrator
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
We are absolutely listening. I have a meeting shortly to discuss the issues with the techs and see if we can find solutions.

I will update you when I know more.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
The ALLPAR articles should be searchable now.

How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Enter a search term or phrase and click enter on your keyboard or click the magnifying glass.

Advanced Search

To narrow down search results, click on “Advanced Search” after clicking the search bar.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from.

Enter your search criteria and click “Search “ at the bottom.

You can also access advanced search by clicking the 3 vertical dots near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Advanced “Search”

Search Specific Forum

If you want to search a specific section, navigate to the forum section before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

Search Specific Discussion Thread

If you want to search a specific discussion thread, navigate to it before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

- Cricket
Not directing this at you personally, but your response above is totally unacceptable. Directing us to jump through hoops like this is a COMPLETE NON-STARTER. Whoever designed this new website has absolutely ZERO understanding of your formerly faithful audience. Every second you spend defending this new POS or trying to train us to jump through hoops to get to the content we are all looking for and wanting to read and used to get to IMMEDIATELY, you are not only losing your audience at breakneck speed, we're going to abandon this site, never to return. I for one will cancel my premium membership in a heartbeat. So, SO sad that this has happened to the former gem we called Allpar. Horrific train wreck this website redesign, and whoever was the designer and/or project manager should be relieved of duty immediately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will put in my thoughts too. The big problem here is that people came to Allpar for MOPAR news and articles. The forums were an afterthought that rarely got used. I think you would have had less complaining if you had just gotten rid of the forums from the "old" site and kept all of the news and articles. Less than 1/10 of the visits that I made to the Allpar site did I even check the forums to see if there was anything new there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The new forum format is generic, bad and soulless. Get a refund and revert back to the old style.

Go visit the civic forum for 10th gen civics and tell me the difference between here and there. Your answer can't be red vs blue.

The old site, not even the forums, is why we came here. Now the main site is gone and the forums are bad.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Guys let's head to another board. Theres one based around MOPAR where they like to CHAT.

This site is now being run with the intention of making money only. Helping people find and discuss information is secondary. They're deleting posts if you suggest any other site by name, as if they are the only one on the internet. Very distasteful because over at the MOPAR site for CHATting, they actually used to suggest coming here for information not available there.

Let's see if they delete this one lol.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

I merged a few threads here with our feedback thread.

I am looking into the issues with the News/Articles.

- Cricket
I looked through the FAQs and nowhere did I see the rotating historical stories on the home page.
Seriously, that was a GREAT part of the old All[par site.

Allpar was a site, not just a forum.....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I don't mind the new Forums, but I sorely miss the Allpar.com site. I read the tech articles all the time and even re-read them. So much valuable knowledge that needs to be saved and have rather easy access to.

I have been on the Allpar website since about 2003 and I am still in shock over this change.....o_O

·
Super Moderator
6,895 Posts
It may have already been discussed--I can't be bothered to look through the rest of these threads--but there needs to be a way to make the default forum homepage the full forum listing. The "recommended for you" threads are largely things I don't care about. How about two new sections on the left sidebar of the full forum homepage: one for online users like we had before, and another for the top five most recently updated threads? Scrolling to the bottom for the latest posts is unintuitive. One of those sections can replace "top contributors for the months" because that's a completely useless metric.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would like to see the home page full of news and articles. Then if you're interested in the forums, you can click on the forum link. "Forums" should not be the main content of the Allpar site.
This.

We want the allpar site back, NOT the forums. Forums were used for getting additional information from knowledgable guys who have already been where us first timers are trying to go. I never posted here until I was ready to start buying. But I browsed the allpar site and read the informadion about production and parts dozens of times over the years. Now it's all gone.

New owners better not have deleted the main part of ths site.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
A comment on the forum page layout. Things are more spread out. Similar to the way a popular social media site recently spread things out. I find it more difficult to read and use this kind of layout. More eye movement is needed to scan the screen and in some cases more cursor movement is needed also. This not only slows down using the site but it is also more tiring. I find having things more compact easier and faster to use.

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
I use the forums more often than the news, but I agree with those who think that the news articles should be on the home page. Dave always had something interesting to report. And I was often drawn to the historical and tech articles. So, apparently, were many others, judging by the amount of posts in the "Blunder Recovery" thread.

I do like the pic at the top. I'd also like rotating pics of vintage vehicles, anywhere from 10 to 100 years old, along with a few lines of information, and links to articles about them.

As for the rest, there was a learning curve with the last upgrade. The curve seems to be longer with this one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Forums have always been my primary reason for coming here, but the articles and history sections of this site should be the focus. I feel like I'm on some generic forum site somebody created after the announcement of a new vehicle in an attempt to draw people to their advertisements. I'm genuinely afraid that all of the brilliant articles by folks like Bob Sheaves have been lost to cyberspace in this awful shuffle. I need to be able to read about Lil Blue every now and again.

In addition, the algorithm driven "recommendations" are awful. Can't one thing in my life be left up to my free will? I'm so sick of everything trying to predict what I want to read about (or buy). Even twitter now tries to shove things down my throat instead of letting me read tweets in chronological order. I just want to click on the main forum menu and peruse through it at my leisure.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Is it? After posting a reply, I wanted to make an edit in punctuation...but for the life of me...I can't find where the 'edit' button is?

Either I'm losing my mind or I need to run to the Eye Doctor ASAP.;)
It might be a little bit of losing your mind. ;) I lost mine a few years ago! Lol!

To edit your post, click on the three dots on the upper right hand corner of the post. :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
We should probably all realize that the old site most likely won't be coming back, in the name of "progress" o_O

But hopefully they can incorporate back into the "new and improved" site some of the old that it will at least make the "new" site somewhat familiar, as it would be a shame to lose all of the knowledge that has been a part of the site for so many years. ;)

Reactions: DC-93
81 - 100 of 201 Posts