Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just comparison shots of the Momther n Laws 2007 Sebring and my 2013 200....I really need to find a hobby!

Anyhow I noticed that my 200 sits higher in the rear than the Sebring and the front sits lower...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You can tell they are the same car but the seem as different from each other as they are different from the Avenger.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does amaze me how much they are the same car, yet worlds apart!

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Seeing them in comparison this close for the first time...

The hood changes are more important than it first appears. The Sebring has a narrow spine ridge, the 200 has a wide spine trench. The Sebring has a pointier front of the hood at the grille, the 200 has a wider, further-back front.

The headlights are the biggest change in the front, the fenders are modified with more metal at the corners, and the headlights are thinner.

The changes are not physically huge, but make a big difference in the look.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
I think the design changes on the rear fascia give it more of an appearance that the 200 "rides higher" - moving the plate to the trunk lid, the black area around the tailpipes - but the biggest change to me is the fact that on the 200, you don't see the muffler hanging down below the fascia. They fixed that on the Avenger and Patriot/Compass, too.

I know more than a few folks that thought that was actually the gas tank and not the muffler.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
It was the same with the Caliber also.
I think that folks were leery of owning a car with something that looked like a metal gas tank just behind the rear bumper. I feel that it was another one of those little tiresome details that subconsciously turned people off about these cars.
The quality perception and feel is astounding on the newer vehicles with just some inexpensive minor changes.
I painted my muffler black so it no longer shows from behind.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
My 200 is the same color as yours, Jamie, but I've got the 2.4 in mine. With the dual exhausts on yours, do you have a V-6? Also, do you know where the battery in just in case you ever go to replace it? What a pain in the rear end. Surely they could have picked somewhere under the hood instead of in the wheel well.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
chuzz said:
My 200 is the same color as yours, Jamie, but I've got the 2.4 in mine. With the dual exhausts on yours, do you have a V-6? Also, do you know where the battery in just in case you ever go to replace it? What a pain in the rear end. Surely they could have picked somewhere under the hood instead of in the wheel well.
Maybe but batteries have been in there since at least 98. I am willing to bet the stay cooler which means they last longer

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chuzz said:
On do I know all about the battery! I believe Chrysler started using the fender location for the First Gen LH cars(I could be wrong) but I do know that starting 95' with the J cars the battery is in the driver side fender.

I did a write up on the batter removal for 2007+ JA cars, should be the same as the 200.

Yes I do have the V6 & love it! The EPA ratings where close enough that I did not see a need for the 4 cyl. I a average about 18-20 in my normal driving and have gotten 34.5 on the highway.

Mick M said:
Maybe but batteries have been in there since at least 98. I am willing to bet the stay cooler which means they last longer
My 97' Cirrus battery lasted 8yrs and 110k miles!

My Nlaws 2007 has the original battery, they bought the car new in 2008 has about 90k miles.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
First gen LH cars had it under the hood. End gen were in the fender that's why I said 98 but I didn't know about the J cars in 95. I still think it keeps it cooler and helps it last longer.
Mick

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mick M said:
First gen LH cars had it under the hood.
Thanks, I could not remember, though I know the 2 gen had them in fender.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
I test drove an Avenger se V6 yesterday and I am impressed! That car would absolutely haul. Compared to my 300M, the ride was a bit busier, about the same as far as interior noise goes, and the seats were not quite as comfortable. Understandably, a base Avenger is a whole different beast than a 300M, but all said, I really was impressed.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
JA Cumbo said:
I test drove an Avenger se V6 yesterday and I am impressed! That car would absolutely haul. Compared to my 300M, the ride was a bit busier, about the same as far as interior noise goes, and the seats were not quite as comfortable. Understandably, a base Avenger is a whole different beast than a 300M, but all said, I really was impressed.
If you liked the base model you should have a sit in my 11 LUX.

Reactions: JA Cumbo

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JA Cumbo said:
You should drive a 200 limited, so quite and smooth.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Jaime said:
You should drive a 200 limited, so quite and smooth.
That might be the way I am gonna go if the dp funding works out. They are offering a lease on a 200 Limited for $200 a month. The one I looked at pretty much has everything you can get on a 200. Since I rarely drive more than 5K miles a year anyway, a lease might work for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts