Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and ladies), been a little while since I've asked anything but here it goes.

I have 3 project cars awaiting their new image. The sheet metal is in good shape for the most part. Some minor-med sanding and few rust areas though not all the way through nowhere.

Some light body work and some new trim in some locations is the majority of the things needed to get the car back into the "driving" atmosphere.

I'm going to make alot of mods..... performance and body alterations.

Should I go ahead with this track of just having fun with it for now or should I nof? Would this be more of fesible to just go ahead and park it and just get it started with the restore?

Just trying not to put a bandaid on an open wound car.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
NewParOwner

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1: 1970 Ford F100 (my wifes)
#2: 1971 Mustang Mach 1 (my sons)
#3 1973 Dodge Charger (MINE)

The truck is going to be "mostly" stock. The chasis and inner sheet metal is pretty rough with rust (as to be expected)
The Mustang....I can't honestly say what all he has in store for it.
BUT......My Charger, The idea is......(key word at this point "idea").....possibly upgrade the engine from a 400 to 440 (not known if the 400 is any good yet), new muscle hood, upgrade the suspension & braking system, leaving the vinyl top off and making it just a hard top.
Those are the high points. I'm thinking just park mine and going to the frame with it. I believe it will benefit this particular project. Not really looking for the "original" look at all. just going to make a nice cruiser and hotrod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.