Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 Chrysler Cordoba. Whenever I accelerate quickly the entire bench will shift forward whenever someone is in the passenger seat. Is it out of the track?

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
It is possible that over time the seat moving mechanism has gotten stuck in the open position, meaning it needs to be cleaned at a minimum, and at the most, the metal wire used to release and lock the seat in place has become damaged or broken, and I think there is a spring in there, too. Since the seats are difficult to really look at with such small clearance, recommend removing the four nuts from underside of the car, or may be bolts on the front and rear supports, and turn the seat over and really check out the condition of the mechanisms on the side.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. What running gear does your 'doba have?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds about right. I will be working on it as soon as i get it back from the shop. The car had the wrong carburetor on it and was running really rich. Thanks and whats a running gear? Sorry this is my first car, don't know all of the terminology yet haha. It has a 360 with a 2 barrel.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
Yeah, when you pull the lever to adjust the seat you do pull on a wire that stretches across under the seat to unlatch both sides. There should be a spring on both sides to pull the latched back and catch. Probably a spring is missing, weak or catching on something so the latch isn't catching.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Running gear is the engine and transmission. 360 2bbl is a good combination for a first car, Cordobas were really nice looking cars.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Welcome, fellow Cordoba owner. Can't help you much with the seat issue (mine's 60/40 split and is in pieces anyway) but there's a lot in common in our cars with the '73-'74 B-bodies, particularly the suspension...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts