Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to track down replacements for the plastic fasteners that hold down the cover at the base of the windshield on my '05 Dakota, and haven't had much success. I've lost one of the 4 fasteners already and the remaining ones are not holding very well (possibly due to being reused after a windshield replacement a few years ago.) Has anyone else had trouble with these? Any ideas on where I might find them?

They're an unusual design, they have internal barbs/threads that go onto a threaded stud, rather than inserting into a hole in the sheetmetal and having external barbs like how most plastic fasteners are. My neighborhood NAPA and O'reilly's didn't have anything like what I need, and I couldn't find any listing for this part in the online Mopar catalog or even in RockAuto's catalog.

I'm guessing my next resort is the dealer, if I can't find anything in the next few days.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link ImperialCrown. I'm thinking I'll have to go with those parts off eBay, if I don't turn anything up locally soon.

Just for fun, I stopped at the dealer on my way home from work. They quoted $7.44 ...per fastener. When even the parts-counter man suggests looking elsewhere, the parts just might be overpriced...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts