Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where the Crankcase Filter is located? Chrysler OEM #5066076AA is the part number. Seller of filter says it is in the Air Filter Box...Where is that located and how do I get to the filter?

All input appreciated~~~~~Ron

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
That spongy element should go inside the air cleaner box underneath the air filter if it applies to your vehicle.
Some crankcase breather air hoses drew pre-filtered air above the air filter in the air cleaner lid.
The air cleaner is the black plastic box on the drivers side under the hood. It should have bailing clips or screws
to release the lid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImperialCrown said:
That spongy element should go inside the air cleaner box underneath the air filter if it applies to your vehicle.
Some crankcase breather air hoses drew pre-filtered air above the air filter in the air cleaner lid.
The air cleaner is the black plastic box on the drivers side under the hood. It should have bailing clips or screws
to release the lid.

OK....Popped off the air cleaner box cover and pulled out the air filter. There is no spongy element to be seen. It looks like it is drawing pre-filtered air above the air filter. The reason I was asking about the filter is because from time to time I get a whiff of oil fumes coming into the passenger compartment.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Oil from a leaking valve cover gasket burning off the exhaust manifold.

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
Oil from the transaxle or the oilpan, or front face of block? It can really travel along the bottom when you are driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts