1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Carey J. Mandell
02/04/45 - 05/09/18

Just like his PT, Carey was also one of a kind. I never personally met or talked to him, but knew him through PT Cruiser Links as he was the forum moderator, and a great one he was. He was like a Dad to everyone there, as he frequently had to keep his "children" in line, and some more than others needed his personal attention and guidance. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am looking for someone to help me reset my ptcruiserlinks password. For some reason, there is an "image verification" that has no image or captcha or any other hint of what to use to get past the login and lost password reset. Can you help or have a contact who can help me? Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am looking for someone to help me reset my ptcruiserlinks password. For some reason, there is an "image verification" that has no image or captcha or any other hint of what to use to get past the login and lost password reset. Can you help or have a contact who can help me? Thanks
I am sorry but there is no way to reset your password at PTCruiserLinks. The owner has abandoned the site and no one has admin-level control. One member does have the password to Carey's limited moderator account and can do some minor moderation of posts. But that about it. The CAPCHA verification would need to fix by a webmaster and there's not one nor anyone to contact. We have tried for over a year with no luck. A while back, I tried to walk the member with the moderator password through some steps to reset passwords via email. But based on what he told me, he just doesn't seem to have that level of control from Carey's account. But then again, that guy isn't always forthcoming. So who knows?

Most of the remaining active members of PTCruiserLinks are here on Allpar. So you might as well join us here. If you need to post something for sale on PTCruiserLinks, just ask one of us that still have active accounts and we can post it for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am sorry but there is no way to reset your password at PTCruiserLinks. The owner has abandoned the site and no one has admin-level control. One member does have the password to Carey's limited moderator account and can do some minor moderation of posts. But that about it. The CAPCHA verification would need to fix by a webmaster and there's not one nor anyone to contact. We have tried for over a year with no luck. A while back, I tried to walk the member with the moderator password through some steps to reset passwords via email. But based on what he told me, he just doesn't seem to have that level of control from Carey's account. But then again, that guy isn't always forthcoming. So who knows?

Most of the remaining active members of PTCruiserLinks are here on Allpar. So you might as well join us here. If you need to post something for sale on PTCruiserLinks, just ask one of us that still have active accounts and we can post it for you.
I kind of figured something like that happened. Thanks for the info. There is just so much info on the site, it is a shame to lose it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I kind of figured something like that happened. Thanks for the info. There is just so much info on the site, it is a shame to lose it.
Yep. It will be a very sad day when that forum goes dark. The good part is that the forum appears to be on auto renewal. So as long as the owner's credit card works, it should stay up.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I just saw this post. It really was a very cool one of a kind car. It looks like it has sold now as I don't see the listing anymore. Someone got a very cool customized car for a low price!
It's still for sale, the original link I posted is no longer valid, but here is the current link.

Used 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wgn for Sale in Ormond Beach FL 32174 Ormond Fine Import Autos (at https://www.ormondfineimports.com/vdp/16117614/Used-2001-Chrysler-PT-Cruiser-4dr-Wgn-for-sale-in-Ormond-Beach-FL-32174 )

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wonder if they also have Carey's Corvette?

So much love and effort went into that car. I guess everything we have ends up in someone else's sale one day. This really makes me very sad. I miss all the fun on PTCL and I miss Carey. :(

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Hey Rick, if you'll buy it, I'd be happy to go get it and deliver it for a nominal fee.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Rick, if you'll buy it, I'd be happy to go get it and deliver it for a nominal fee.
Somebody should get it, that's a lot of PT compared to the cars these day.

I'm surprised his family didn't keep it, give it to one of the grand kids.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
I'd sure buy it if I had the cash. I know Carey took top notch care of his rides.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd sure buy it if I had the cash. I know Carey took top notch care of his rides.
If that place hangs onto it long enough, maybe the price will keep dropping.

Since it's stayed in Florida, I'm surprised some of the people in the car clubs that Carey hung out with, hasn't seen it for sale, and might be interested in it.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
There's just a select group of people with love for the PT Cruiser!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts