Allpar Forums banner

CUSTOM PTS

9K views 52 replies 13 participants last post by  chuzz 
#1 ·
This a truly unique PT. I love the rippled bumper that flows with the grill.

This style bumper was popular in the 1930's, on some Buicks if I remember correctly. ;)

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Jerry

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Hi ACE!

Those particular flames are not my cup of tea either, but everyones tastes aren't as exquisite as mine.

How about these from PTCHIX. A well known lady PT owner from back in the day.

Her PT even made it onto the cover of the MOSS MOTORS PT custom parts catalog.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Sky Automotive side marker light

or this one from Texas
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

or these REAL FLAMES.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Jerry

#4 ·
How about these unique flames on the MOTHERS WAX custom PT.

It was literally one of the first PTS to be customized and it holds another major MAJOR distinction that I'll post about later.

It also is an early example of Mike Lavallee's REAL FIRE art work. and one of the early panel van conversions.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Here is an example of his handiwork on a prowler.
Car Land vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Jerry

#7 ·
Look at these pics - blink - look again. :unsure:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

NO, that is NOT a customized PT CRUISER.

It IS a 1947 Chrysler Windsor Highlander.

It has gone through some expert customizing and they obviously used a set of PT headlights and a set of PT taillights during their reconfiguration of this Convertible.
Very well done and initially confusing to present day PT owners. o_O

Jerry

#8 · (Edited)
This great PT was a frequent participant at most of our central Fl. shows.

A split hood is unique to say the least. This shows some out-of-the-box thinking that was well executed in real life.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel

The door spear treatment, the fog light mod, the front Chrysler emblem placement were all mods that were original to this PT.

Jerry

#10 ·
Here's mine.....

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Grille

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Plant

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

Car Plant Vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Automotive tire

Attachments

#11 ·

Hi Handy!

What a co-inky-dink. ;) Your PT was one of the next three I Have lined up to post here in CUSTOM PTS.

It's an example of choosing the perfect balance of styles and mods that can be applied to our PTs.

On a sad note, Handy looked long and hard to find several of his mods. I doubt you'll find them today.

For example;

1. You can no longer buy the instrument pillar pods for the regular PTs, let alone the vert.

2. I doubt very much if you can find that particular vert style rear wing. :cool:

3. That style engine bay stabilizer is no longer available for the PT today.

4. The well balanced SUNCOAST CREATIONS hood really looks right on a PT.

5. You're making good use of the oem composite intake vanity cover. It is functional ( it has an insulating heat pad barrier under the cover) AND it gives a classy look to the engine bay.

Most importantly you and your wife thoroughly enjoy the PT. That has been attested to by the many posts that you have regaled us with on several PT sites over the years.

Well done Handy!

Jerry

#20 · (Edited)
Sadly that particular style is completely hand fabricated. I'm sure that just by examining it closely, you'll see that it took a lot of talent to get to that finished product.

The only company that has ever made anything close to that look is PTeazer. He has downsized his PT business and is now only available on FACEBOOK.

He has several different versions of the style available.

Here is the link.

Chrysler PT Cruiser & PTeazer Creations Everything Mild To Radical & More | Facebook

Jerry

#25 ·
Not too custom. But this was my first PT. I was on the waiting list for one of the first 5-speeds. Put on the California Cruisers side pipe exhaust, Metal Crafters front spoiler and rear spats, I did add the rear wing myself, and eventually added an OEM ghost flame kit in purple when those were available. Really liked that car, and loved how it looked.

Attachments

#37 ·
The duals? Do you mean the exhausts? They are handmade.
About the history of my PT... Well, I bought it this last January, less than a year ago. It was in very bad condition... Rusty and dented body, bad manteined engine,... A bad owner. But it have the air suspension and the exhaust mounted and legal. And a lowered body kit but not mounted and broken. The car needs a lot of work but it deserved a second chance. Four months of work, restoration and more modifications, and it's ready to 'shine'. Hehehe!!! This is a comparative of before and after.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

And about me, I'm a Pinstriper from Barcelona, Spain, (Necksbreaker Pinstriping) and I'm a lover of old American cars... I had some of them in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.