Allpar Forums banner

Dart automatics are here!

9K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  robatdamicos 
#1 ·
Today I got our first automatic 2.0l SXT Dart. I took it out for a quick drive and I was impressed. Hardly a rocket and that is not what I was expecting. Shifts smoothly and for the most part is pretty quiet. If I had any complaints is that I wish they would step up to the plate and just offer the leather wrapped steering wheel as standard equiptment on any offering above the base SE's besides that little issue I think this car is a winner and cant wait for the ofer 15+ that I have on order. The black Dart next to the white one is a base SE which we will be giving away to one lucky winner at the end of the month in our "Dart me up "promotion.

See less See more
#5 ·
There is no such thing as a DDCT 2.0L. DDCT is only on the 1.4T The 2.0 and 2.4 get the Powertech 6spd auto.

Nick you are correct I will modifythe post thanks..............

Can you (ASAP!) tell me which it is -- a 2.0 automatic or a 1.4 DDCT? I'd like to post a news story.

I was going to modify the post to correctly read th powertecht 6speed but someone deleted the post.....

#16 ·
We received 3 new Dart Automatics yesterday as well. One Black, two the Tungsten. I haven't driven either the stick or automatic, but i wish they would get the bright colors out to dealers asap. These dont have pop, and almost go unnoticed by those not actually looking for it already. Great car, loved my 5 speed 02 Neon I had... and I used to get 35~40 mpg with synthetic oil.

#21 ·
My Brother Bought a Dart Last Week.

I Have Not Driven It Yet.

TMD :thumbsup:

#22 ·
I test drove a Limited Automatic last weekend, after checking out a 2012 Focus hatchback Titanium. I really wanted to like it, but to be honest I liked the way the Focus handled, and the interior seem a little nicer for some reason. I could not put a finger on why the darts interior felt cheaper, cloth seats? Color? Maybe I would have liked it with the 1.4L and the DCT better? I actually decided to go with the Focus, gonna pick it up Thursday.

Is it bad that I feel guilty about this decision? I think maybe if I waited a bit longer and had a better selection to try out? I think it is the hatchback style that did it to be honest. Hope they come out with one, I am sure it would sell. I am sure the Dart will do well it is a very nice car.

#24 ·
CJD,
How was it backing up? I drove a F*&D yesterday with their version, and really the only thing i didnt like was reverse, not sure it its the gearing, with the on and off clutch or what but it was either not moving or was really going! Not sure how easy parallel parking would be!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.