Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,127 Posts
marlon_jbt said:
Alright, Suz, what do you think? Would you still have ordered what you got?

I want the door panels...
Yes. I wanted the 1.4L turbo. :) However, I may have leaned towards the Mopar '13, if I had the choice, but it would be tough. lol

Also - the interior is a 2013 Interior. It's just exclusive to the GT this year. You could either get it in the red, like you see, or perforated, where you can see the red through the black. (like in the press-release images of the R/T)

As far as what giles said, he says it's the most asked about potential SRT; and that there's not a good powertrain for it right now (when he last spoke about it). That does not mean they're not developing it. It'll just be after their little 'barracuda' project probably.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,127 Posts
PCRMike said:
I drove a 1.4T, now I gotta drive one of these. I WILL own a 2.4 Dart, just a question of which one. If the GT is too stiff for daily comfort, I would go with another trim, but the chassis feel was awesome on the SXT I drove.
Wait til 2014, when most of the line-up will have the 2.4L; However, from what I've read, the GT will be another sub-trim of the SXT by 2014, but will have some options from the Limited; which will, by then, be the top of the line Dart with the 2.4L and Automatic Transmission standard (which is lame, imo)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,127 Posts
.. the Subaru WRX is not even near the same price-range an SRT is. Or was, in '03. (in 03, the STi cost around 30k base; the Evo cost 29k base; and the nSRT was under 20k)

That may be the whole issue. Price point. As much as cars keep getting more expensive; it's going to be hard to keep the cost down, especially with a ~300hp AWD machine. I mean, the STi already tops probably near 40k (depending on accessories, of course) and starts at around 35; To get a Dart SRT AWD below 35 will likely be difficult; so it'd have to out-perform the tried-and-true Subaru.

That said, I still think there should be two trims offered just below the SRT model:

GTS - FWD same hp as R/T, but has all the 'tech', and smoother ride of the Limited. (27-30k)

R/T - FWD, a bit less hp than SRT to make it daily-drivable, but the best suspension setup for track; for instance, maybe an optional track-mode with a completely defeatable TCS. (something for the 30-35k)

SRT - AWD; top of the line, with all the options you could think of. (35k+)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,127 Posts
yeah, but with that whole "two-stage" thing they did with the concept/prototype announcement (yeah i know, long time ago) .. people will be peeved if there's no performance aspect. It was expected with the Mopar '13 to be more than stripes and spoilers.. *shrug*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.