Allpar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Darkpaw said:
SRT Dart is not going to happen. Ralph Gilles said at SEMA last year that they will no longer do an SRT car with less than 8 cylinders.
NOT TRUE. Ralph already debunked that rumor.
BigDaddySRT said:
Talk to Koni... they make the Internals to these FSD Shocks on the ABARTH.

http://www.koni-na.com/fsd.cfm
The ones on the Dart are made by MM.
http://www.magnetimarelli.com/business_areas/suspension-systems/shock-absorbers/synaptic-damping-control

Reactions: AdminDave

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
bumonbox said:
No doubt, someone misconstrued something he had originally said. Certainly Chrysler isn't making any sub V8 SRTs RIGHT NOW. But I can't see them limiting themselves to that. Especially with past predictions of a tubo'd pentastar.
Assuming that a D-RWD Midsized sedan is in fact on it's way for Dodge, I have a hard time not seeing them doing an SRT version of it, and I don't forsee them giving up the "real estate" in the design to shoehorn the hemi into it (I could easily be wrong on that account). So, really, if it is to come to pass, I would imagine them bringing forth a turbo'd V6 down the road.

As far as the Dart goes, I actually think it would benefit more from an R/T turbo as mentioned about. Something with not a huge price bump that keeps it more accessable to the mainstream and boosts the Dart performance image. Something offering around the output of the Neon SRT-4. That would likely see decent sales. And if they can price it right, it would be a hot ticket item. Perhaps though, they are waiting to use the proposed hurricane engine - which might allow them to offer that performance and still do decently on MPG. That could make it a pretty hot car.
Something along the lines of a Focus ST, Mazdaspeed 3 that out preforms them at a similar price point ~$24,000

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
PCRMike said:
I drove a 1.4T, now I gotta drive one of these. I WILL own a 2.4 Dart, just a question of which one. If the GT is too stiff for daily comfort, I would go with another trim, but the chassis feel was awesome on the SXT I drove.
With the FSD suspension it shouldnt be too stiff during normal driving.....

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Paul J. Reed said:
I have to pull a wheel off again... I swore there was sticker on the shock saying Hitachi....
Possible for the micro controller.....

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
suzq044 said:
Wait til 2014, when most of the line-up will have the 2.4L; However, from what I've read, the GT will be another sub-trim of the SXT by 2014, but will have some options from the Limited; which will, by then, be the top of the line Dart with the 2.4L and Automatic Transmission standard (which is lame, imo)
GT is its own trim level, Rallye is a sub trim of SXT.
Paul J. Reed said:
On the shock itself? I will take a pic....

Found this... they are indeed Hitachi shocks... but I can pull a wheel and take a pic if anyone needs more proof....

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130108/detroit/130109889

http://www.autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20130108/DETROIT/130109889/V4/0/Hitachi-FRD-shocks.jpg
Interesting, I guess the MM setup ended up being more expensive then.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
neongary said:
The WRX STi makes 305 hp. Besides, let's not just keep up, lets go beyond the competition. I agree with Suzq though, pricing is probably a real issue with a Dart at that power level. I'm thinking that if Mopar could make a real performance machine without all the fancy gizmos or luxury items (SRT Core or Roadrunner) and at reasonable price, it might have some takers.
The standard WRX makes 265hp which is what he was referring to. I dont think SRT needs to play in the STi, Evo X playground with the Dart, leave that to the Cherokee or new Avenger. A FWD Dart SRT with 250-270 HP with class leading driving dynamics would be perfect. Price it similar to the Focus ST, starting at $24k midline option around $26k and top of the line at $28k plus options.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Lasted 5 days!!!!

Sold the red GT last night. The value of the new pkg is a no brainer. We first looked at a nice SXT @ $20,125 (no 8.4,cloth interior,no u-connect, weak 2.0 engine and that damn base steering wheel)

For $2500 or a whopping $35more per month... The customer upgraded to the GT!!!
For $35 he went from "its ok" "I kinda like it" to "I LOVE IT!!"

LOVE and Value sells cars....... This pkg is the pkkg that the Dart should have offered a year ago. I am confident that if they just get their pricing and marketing right the Dart will be just fine.

LOVES...
the
auto start
two tone leather interior
back up camera
blind spot monitor
push button start
heated seats and steering wheel
Blue tooth connectivity with his Iphone5...

and he was perfectly fine sacrificing fuel economy for the fun to drive feel of the GT's 2.4 powerplant. (note he is trading a Wrangler so even the 2.4 is a major increase in MPG) :thumbsup:
Congrats on the sale! I am pretty sure with the new packaging on the 2014's Dart sales are going to skyrocket, now if only marketing can get on the same pages it will truly be a hit.

Reactions: suzq044

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
valiant67 said:
Wouldn't it be nice if they could market on that. But the lack of continuity of the Dart name from 1977-2012 sure hurts the ability some. Even though I despise the car as an appliance, there is a really good (long and short version) Toyota Corolla commercial showing the Corolla models over the years. That's what happens when you keep a name. Dodge would have to show Dart-Aspen-Omni-Shadow-Neon-Caliber-Dart while Toyota is just Corolla..
I think that commercial is pretty poor, all it shows is the fads at the time with that generation Corolla placed somewhere in the scene. You basically go from the good RWD Corollas of the 70's and 80's to the bland appliances of the late 80's to 00's and end up with the latest Corolla while 100x better looking than the previous gen still doesnt do anything for me. Those "Coach T" commercials are even worse. While not effective, I'd much rather watch the Dart commercials with Pastrana driving like a nut on dirt roads than either of those.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Dave said:
I still cannot see the 2.0 Dart as a "slug." Unless you're coming off a Corvette or something.
It's not a slug. I get to drive one on a semi regular basis and it's not a slug. Not nearly as fast as my 200 but it's more than adequate. Doesn't really feel feel any slower than a Focus SE I drove a few weeks back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.