Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Moparian said:
With the FSD suspension it shouldnt be too stiff during normal driving.....
The ABARTH has the KONI FSD Shocks.

The DART has Hitachi FRD Shocks.

Confused now???

Sounds like KONI has the Patent on the "FSD" nomenclature.

·
Registered
399 Posts
BEEAH said:
I do, I've driven both of them and auto crossed both of my 06 STI's. At the time the cars were not even in the same race class. I'm not saying the Neon SRT's were dogs by any means, I loved, LOVED driving the SRT Neon and would expect the Dart to be much more capeable. I could only hope and dream that an SRT Dart would have a solid AWD system with 300hp as I could easily be a customer. I would expect a ~250hp FWD Dart.

Ralph knows what an STI is capeable of as he lost to a father and son team at the 2011 Targa Newfoundland Rally while driving a 2010 Dodge Viper ACR. Which as many of us know is an insanely fast car and is still one of the fastest lap times around the Nurburgring for a production car.
You've "driven" an SRT-4 NEON... but not actually campaigned an SRT-4 NEON in a Race Series.... that's a huge difference.

I think a lot of people are living in the Past.... and unfortunately, those 30 People living in the Past aren't justification for Building/ Testing/ Certifying an AWD Turbo SRT that's going to cost $40K... that's the plain and simple truth.

·
Registered
399 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
The SRT4 may have little trouble with WRXs, but not an STi. An STi is almost a full second faster to 60, and about 8/10ths faster in the quarter. The updated SRT-4 closed the gap, but the STi is still a fair bit faster.
You need to clarify.... Are you talking about the SRT-4 NEON or the SRT-4 CALIBER?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.