Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well our Dart Limited got rearended by a Wrangler and more or less it was high enough that it missed most of our bumper and pushed
everything in about 9-12". I"m not sure what is going to happen, but I was noticing that the 2.0 in the SXT/Rallye had the twin exhaust tips.
So since I'm out of luck either way as far as value lost, I thought if they did fix the car that I would ask for that rear part to be put on. I
could then get the rest of the exhaust and then have everything I wanted as that was all that I missed but I thought only the 1.4 got that.

So do you think that both parts have to cost about the same? From pictures I do not see much of a difference other than the cutout for
that part.The exhaust has to be almost the same except the rear section as a 2.0 is a 2.0 so you know that all of it is not different and
I do know that I would have to pay for the exhaust part.

Thanks Danny

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
that stinks! Can you post any pictures? Any injuries?

Pretty sure every Dart with the 1.4T gets the dual exhaust. Also every Rallye and R/T gets the dual exhaust. Should be possible for you.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Ouch!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That makes me cringe! I got hit while stopped by somebody doing 20-30mph and I fuxd my bumper, and I ended up with a bad back from it. I can't imagine what this caused... Ouch. I feel for ya!!

·
Super Moderator
36,933 Posts
This was the result of the meeting.

Hey, that's one of our new Georgia plates with the peaches that don't really look like peaches.

Sorry to see your new car messed up like that!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is all right, she is still upset that the kid was not paying attention.

Work has finally started on the Dart. It seems as if the tail light pockets are the hard parts to get for these at this time.
I think they said the damage was in the $6,000 area, but it could go higher as there might be additional work needed.

It has been so long that I can not remember all that it said in the claims area that Allstate has.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I thought work had started. They are still waiting on tail light pockets at this time. Allstate without talking to anyone tried to cancel the rental car on me.
All I can do is shake my head as I broke my own rule of never buying a first model year car. These two part numbers are just killing me 68080964AA and
68080965AA, I've made calls to confirm what the body shop says and only one side was available at that time. Who knows if one was really in Detroit at
that time.

So someday I'll get the car back, maybe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well you can do the change as it seems as if the tips are not attached to anything. I will not find out for sure as they wanted $230.00 a piece for them.
But every part is listed online, but that does not mean that they are readily available at this time as we did not get the tail light pockets until this year.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1118156

But we got the car back today and I'm not knocking Kia, but the Dart rides so much better than a Forte. Well time to save up for the tips.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I was once rear-ended an pushed into the car in front of me on the freeway, I can sympathize. While the bumper didn't get all of it and a lot of the force was absorbed by the trunk lid, that probably saved the quarter panels from buckling. Had the bumper taken all of it my guess is that there'd have been visible kinks above the wheel wells.

When I was hit I had just put a full-sized spare into the trunk. The trunk floor/spare tire well had deformed and my guess is that the pressurized tire took a bunch of the force from the impact point and distributed it around the 180 degree front of the spare tire well, reducing the pressure on any one point and keeping it out of the quarters. My Stratus was fixed, probably because it was so low miles that the adjuster knew I'd argue for a much higher payout if they wanted to total it.

Be sure to give the car a thorough going-over everywhere affected. Pull the trunk carpet back, check underneath, etc. Don't hesitate to bring up anything even as small as cracked or scuffed paint underneath, as that can lead to places that can rust. Better to be hardnosed about it now than to have a point of failure later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear that happened. I have yet to be hit, but am nervous if it ever will happen..

----
*Dart Registry for Race Track Lighting*
Could you please check it out and if possible donate $1 or more.

It would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

http://dodgedartregi...aign/detail/344

1 - 12 of 12 Posts