Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

lil color & badging:

.. here's the base image I was working from: [LINK]

It started as me doing an imitation "teaser" like the Viper had.. then I kept going.. lol

aand real version:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the LED or angle eyes lights, better to leave on Audis and BMWs, but I really like the rest of what you have done. Looks good!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LED DRL's are the top part, the circles are just the projector housings, not halo's. IF they were Halo's they'd be lit up.. its just the housing. like the stock Dart has.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I like it...

·
Registered
771 Posts
I didn't mean halos on your SRT, but halos in general on non-BMW cars.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRL's are practically law now, and most vehicles have them in the form of LEDs' -- i agree, angel-eyes belong to BMW uniquely, as the A7 full-LED lights are to Audi. That said, I'd love to see the JW-speaker headlights available on the Wranglers from the factory.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

LMK what you think! Open in new tab for a full res shot!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That's awesome

·
Registered
4,758 Posts

LMK what you think! Open in new tab for a full res shot!
Looks pretty good, the little bar in the middle of the upper grill kinda throws it off a bit.....im kinda 50/50 on the hood, probably because its missing the scoop like the prior 2 SRT-4's

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I took a little Neon SRT-4 flavor & added a little 2013 Viper to it as well.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Yeah, I took a little Neon SRT-4 flavor & added a little 2013 Viper to it as well.
I think the viper style hood would look good on this car......

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, but that's on the GTS, I doubt they'll use the same hood on the SRT.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
yeah, but that's on the GTS, I doubt they'll use the same hood on the SRT.
Assuming that the GTS makes it to market.....they have already delayed the R/T indefinitely which the GTS was based upon. I wouldn't mind if they dont end up going turbo for the R/T that it at least gets bumped up to the GTS spec. 210 hp for an R/T sounds a lot better than 171 hp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Assuming that the GTS makes it to market.....they have already delayed the R/T indefinitely which the GTS was based upon. I wouldn't mind if they dont end up going turbo for the R/T that it at least gets bumped up to the GTS spec. 210 hp for an R/T sounds a lot better than 171 hp.
184 horsepower. 171 ft. Lbs of torque.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
184 horsepower. 171 ft. Lbs of torque.
Thanks for the correction, but still sounds better that having less tq than the 1.4T and 24 hp more. 50 hp bump and ~15 - 20 tq bump is much better for a R/T

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It'll make it to market, as Mopar parts packages. Stage 1 with the visual, and stage 2 with the performance chip etc. They wan't the R/T to be perfect when it gets off the line. "indefinitely" means un-defined. Most suspect the beginning (Jan/Feb) of the 2013 calendar year.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
It'll make it to market, as Mopar parts packages. Stage 1 with the visual, and stage 2 with the performance chip etc. They wan't the R/T to be perfect when it gets off the line. "indefinitely" means un-defined. Most suspect the beginning (Jan/Feb) of the 2013 calendar year.
They said the same thing about the Mopar 200 Super S :whistle:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts