Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a new dart commercial this evening.. in it, briefly, there is a Silver (what I believe to be) SRT Dart.It has most deff. what looks like the Neon SRT4 hood on it.

Anyone else seen this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,074 Posts
I am kind of thinking the same thing. I want to see the car being sold. I want to hear about the car. I want to know how it compares to the competition and I want to know what it should costs. If I am an adult purchasing one of these for my kid, do I really want to see one doing brodies in the dirt??? I don't think so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
marlon_jbt said:
I want that hood!!!!
Yes, this hood!
It is just the regular Dart with Mopar hood..
There is nothing different that'd say SRT
 
  • Like
Reactions: LeeRyder

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
dana44 said:
I am kind of thinking the same thing. I want to see the car being sold. I want to hear about the car. I want to know how it compares to the competition and I want to know what it should costs. If I am an adult purchasing one of these for my kid, do I really want to see one doing brodies in the dirt??? I don't think so.
I agree 100%.....give the people the "why buys"
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,813 Posts
Mopar392 said:
It is just the regular Dart with Mopar hood..
There is nothing different that'd say SRT
I agree its not an SRT, but it does have custom wheels as well from what I can see.
Go back a few seconds to the orange Dart that is drifting, it has the same hood just in carbon fiber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
What is far more interesting is the Dart that starts on second #20, and does the power slide. I cannot get a good look at it, but it appears as if it is a FWD doing a hand brake slide. Could I be wrong, and could this be an AWD car?
 

·
Mopar Guru!
Joined
·
12,767 Posts
Yes, you can order that hood through Mopar. They built custom carbon fiber ones for the two Dart GTS show cars as well.

redriderbob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
I wish they would hurry up and make a SRT Dart or something similar.... I almost drove off with a Focus ST this past weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
I wish they would hurry up and make a SRT Dart or something similar.... I almost drove off with a Focus ST this past weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
Not SRT, just Mopar parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
CherokeeVision said:
Except that step 3 ins a lie.

They didn't start from scratch.

They started with a Fiat/Alfa.
One might argue that when you've had to pull, stretch, shape and bond these many parts (pre-existing or not) to come up with something you didn't already have, you have basically started from scratch...JMHO. ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,972 Posts
XRT2SRT said:
One might argue that when you've had to pull, stretch, shape and bond these many parts (pre-existing or not) to come up with something you didn't already have, you have basically started from scratch...JMHO. ;-)
Perhaps but weren't there some early Dart commercials where they bragged about the Alfa roots?
Now they are saying they started from scratch.

That's not good marketing, that's talking like a politician.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Muther said:
What is far more interesting is the Dart that starts on second #20, and does the power slide. I cannot get a good look at it, but it appears as if it is a FWD doing a hand brake slide. Could I be wrong, and could this be an AWD car?
Could be handle brake - It also could be lift-off oversteer.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top