Allpar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the Detroit free press "The companies announced Monday they've received key regulatory approvals in Europe and now aim to complete the merger Jan. 16."
"Both automakers said in a joint statement stock will trade in Europe on Jan. 18 and Jan. 19 in the US."
FCA and PSA merger receives the OK to create fourth largest automaker - Roadshow

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
End of PSA, renaming for FCA.
But then becomes Stellantis, so the point is moot.

Effective date of the merger, for tax purposes, will be 1 January 2021 according to the merger documents, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If that isn't the actual ticker symbol...it should be! :p:D

Hmmm...Wonder what the chances are of Elon The Octopus naming his next child /\ ? :)
You can probably guess my thought process there. It has to start out with ST, has to include the /\ as an A, and then what? Then it hits me, STAT - as in RIGHT NOW, because Chrysler especially needs the crash cart.

Elon doesn't have a hair you know where if he doesn't 🤣

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You can probably guess my thought process there. It has to start out with ST, has to include the /\ as an A, and then what? Then it hits me, STAT - as in RIGHT NOW, because Chrysler especially needs the crash cart.

Elon doesn't have a hair you know where if he doesn't 🤣
ETA, and a shot of Atropine.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Google Translate:

Stellantis: anti-climb foundation (MF)

MILAN (MF-DJ) - Stellantis is not '' just the name of the company '' born from the merger between Fiat-Chrysler and Peugeot, but also of a foundation under Dutch law that could block hostile takeover attempts to the fourth automotive group at world. According to documents consulted by MF-Milano Finanza, Stichting Stellantis Svs was set up in Amsterdam on December 24th, with two FCA managers, Giorgio Fossati and Fabio Spirito, as directors. As also reported in the merger prospectus, the Stellantis Svs foundation has an unlimited option right which allows it to subscribe to the class A special voting shares present in the share capital of the group. In fact, the Stellantis articles of association provide that holders of Stellantis shares for an uninterrupted period of at least three years can receive a special voting share in addition to each ordinary share held. Thus '', analysts estimate, Exor (14.4%), Maillot 1 of the Peugeot family (7.2% with the possibility '' of rising to 8.5%), Bpifrance (6.2%) and Dongfeng (5.6%) may soon control over half the voting rights in Stellantis. However, it is not said that this is enough to secure control and that is where the foundation would come into play. On the basis of the draft statute, in fact, the board of Stellantis will be able to establish in detail the duties and powers of the foundation which could also be limited to fulfilling a purely technical role.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts