1991 Daytona new Yonkers Ave Dodge
1995 Neon new Yonkers Ave Dodge
2008 Town&Country New Langan Chrysler

2012 Compass new Armory Garage

Plus
1986 Aries was my moms
1990 Daytona Really used
1995 Lebaron Still have great car

The problem is with all except the Dart I have had to bring them in numerous times to have a problem repaired.W
After the Neon ,I bought an Oldsmobile and a Pontiac.Went back to Chrysler with the T&C.I am not sure of its history (EX wIFE HAS IT) I just bought a Compass from Armory Garage and the cycle starts again.They had it 3 days and I still have the problem I had when I had it in for.With the holidays I have not had a chance to get back but will next week. My point is why does this happen.Why can't and problem be addressed on the first visit.I should have given up on you but I have always liked what you have.

·
3,813 Posts
It SHOULD be taken care of on the first visit. That being said, a lot of times the "fix" that is implemented on the first trip in and is BELIEVED to resolve the issue doesn't for whatever reason. They thought it would, it didn't, so you bring it back and they try something new.

It really depends on the issue too. You didn't really give much information so its hard to say what's going on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were assorted issues on the other vehicles.On the Compass there is a wind noise on the drivers side.I had never driven another one so I asked if we could take one out.We took out a 2013 and it did not have any noise on the drivers side but did on the passenger side.The dealer kept my Compass for 3 days.When I picked it up it was still noisey and they claim it is a characteric of the car.This week with the holiday i don't have the time to bring it in but next week I am .There is something wrong and it needs to be fixed.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
Armory Garage is a big seller of vehicles, but when it comes to service I have heard of less-than-complimentary remarks.
If you are under time constraints and need a vehicle, arrange for a loaner.
It sounds like you are getting the 'it's a characteristic of the car' blow off. You proved that with test driving another one and hearing wind noise on the other side of the vehicle.
Finding wind and water leaks can be time consuming and trial and error, but the right talent can find and fix them.
The related Allpar thread is found here: http://allpar.co...-wind-noise/

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Oh Wind noise can be so hard to find, I once owend a 2002 Sebring and I took matters in my own hands and fixed the Wind noise.

WHen things dont happen at the dealer in the way they should, I remind myself that most of the Mechanics are not geeting paid much more over min wage and they just dont have the interest. Thus if I want done and can do it myself, it saves me from getting all crazy mad and it gets done in a much more timely manner.

·
Registered
845 Posts
On one hand I am glad I can do the work myself - and one of the big reasons is because I know how to do it, I find I am often not satisfied with the way someone else does the job - but then I can afford to spend 2 hours on a 30 minute job and cover off a few extras - I understand a tech cannot, but I still like it done my way.
On the flip side I have some sympathy for service advisers and techs - trying to accurately diagnose a problem on today's complex vehicles based on a 5 minute description from the owner written in the advisers interpretation... not easy. So I am glad when I get past the ability to change a tie rod myself I am glad at least I can go to the dealer and say "change the tie rod" with some luck even which one.
There have been a few issues that have escaped my diagnosis for years - small things - but notable things. And I have made a few mistakes as well - but only have myself to point the finger at so I don't get upset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts