Allpar Forums banner

Dealers Will Be Shown Future Dodge Lineup In 2023

9025 72
Tim Kuniskis Says New Models Are Coming, Dealers Will Be Shown Future Vehicles In 2023

The Dodge Charger and Challenger are on their "Last Call." This will leave the Hornet and the Durango as the two remaining cars in the Dodge lineup beyond 2023. According to Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis, there will be more Dodge products to be introduced next year to fill the void that the muscle cars will leave. (Well, we should hope so.) Kuniskis added that Dodge's long-term future plans are to be revealed to the dealers next year. He also expects that these plans will be leaked though he sounded like he's okay with that happening.

A full-size version of the Durango is hypothesized to be introduced, as well as next-generation, Hurricane I6 engine-powered muscle cars based on the new STLA Large architecture.

You can read the source of this information for my little write-up here. I realize this is kind of a "nothing" write up, but it is positive to hear for new models.

Other Topics You May Enjoy
Chrysler / Dodge Future Speculation
Future Ram Heavy Duty and EV
2024 Chrysler Concorde Concept
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Virginia Gentleman
8,702 Posts
The Dodge Charger and Challenger are on their "Last Call."
Shame. I don't see why those models can't continue on even as EV versions. Not all the Chargers and Challengers were "muscle" cars.

I would love to get a Scat Pack Challenger in the future when my finances allow, but now it will be either a used one or I'll just buy another Ram (EV or ICE) when my current Ram dies.

· Registered
233 Posts
It would unless a new WL based Durango replaces it.

God, another dealer preview. Reminds me of five or six years ago when dealers got a preview. Not much came of that as I recall.
Must be the same one they told dealers that a drop top Barracuda on its own platform was soon to come??

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Shame. I don't see why those models can't continue on even as EV versions. Not all the Chargers and Challengers were "muscle" cars.

I would love to get a Scat Pack Challenger in the future when my finances allow, but now it will be either a used one or I'll just buy another Ram (EV or ICE) when my current Ram dies.
At least the Charger continues. Kuniskis is wordsmithing was his commentary. Always says last call for "current Charger and Challenger" or something of that nature.

· Registered
5,981 Posts
Better not show the public what’s coming because they may hold off on purchasing what’s being discontinued… oh, wait a minute.:unsure:

on a more positive note, perhaps a dealer only show is gauge reaction to the electric Charger concept morphing to a 4 door.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
I dunno if the Nitro is too tainted a name still, but it might work for their general, more in-your-face naming scheme they use for Dodges. Journey...meh. Literally. A meh name and a meh car.
I would disagree, the Journey fulfilled its role admirably, lasted well beyond it's planned life cycle, and remained popular to the end of it's run. Chrysler Group could use another one based on a SWB Pacifica.

Anecdotally, the one I had as a loaner was a very nice car, had they updated it, I would have seriously considered a purchase. They are very popular around my area, and I hear very few complaints, even about older models, FWIW.

· Registered
12,375 Posts
No name is tainted except by the very people responsible for new product who allowed the old product to become tainted.

Changing names appears to be "wise" in the confines of executives who are truly clueless about the industry.

Real leaders retain model names and build equity in them by always improving.

· LOAD "*",8,1
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2018 Kia Niro
1,228 Posts
I would disagree, the Journey fulfilled its role admirably, lasted well beyond it's planned life cycle, and remained popular to the end of it's run. Chrysler Group could use another one based on a SWB Pacifica.

Anecdotally, the one I had as a loaner was a very nice car, had they updated it, I would have seriously considered a purchase. They are very popular around my area, and I hear very few complaints, even about older models, FWIW.
Chrysler Group, yes. Dodge, no. Dodge is now the domain of Hellcats and Banshees and Stingy Thingies...not sure the Durango name even belongs anymore. I think next to "Hellcat Banshee Demon Redeye BFG" the name "Journey" is even more pedestrian than "Hornet." Not saying the IDEA of a Journey-type car is a bad idea..but the Journey itself, meh. The Journey name, meh. The Nitro name works better. Or maybe it's time to bring back th Eagle nameplate. Journey sounds like the rebirth of the Wayfarer name....or like a band I really like but wouldn't name a car after. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
506 Posts
The fact that the Dodge brand hasn't been properly put back together yet by anyone who has owned the company since the stupid decision to mess it up in the first place just shows how incredibly incompetent some of these leaders are.

· Paper Tag Rubicon
1,078 Posts
The fact that the Dodge brand hasn't been properly put back together yet by anyone who has owned the company since the stupid decision to mess it up in the first place just shows how incredibly incompetent some of these leaders are.
I think Dodge as the new Pontiac* or budget American BMW works. What do you think Dodge should be?

*What Pontiac claimed it aspired to be.

· LOAD "*",8,1
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2018 Kia Niro
1,228 Posts
I think Dodge as the new Pontiac* or budget American BMW works. What do you think Dodge should be?

*What Pontiac claimed it aspired to be.
I think they're looking for it to be the new Pontiac. Not what it claimed to aspire to be, but what it turned out to be...everything to everyone. A full line brand with no identity outside of badge engineering and marketing to differentiate it from it's sources. People still miss when Dodge had everything from an Omni to a RAM 3500, but those days are over. For better or worse, Jeep is the global mass-market brand right now.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts