Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Awesome news, from a previous-gen owner who loves his Diablo! Can't wait to use it on my new Hemi too :)

S

·
0 Posts
what about the ram 1500?????? looking at a 2013 rt truck when 8 speed becoes available..

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I wonder if they are working on the 3.6 at all?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I can't imagine they went to the trouble of encrypting all the different ECUs in seperate ways.
Encrypting is the easy part, its not hard to do so. And technically it's their IP, so they want to protect it as best they can. They don't really want aftermarket tuners messing with their stuff, it might lead to engine or engine systems damage. And if they just flash the ECU back to standard settings, the dealership and Chrysler won't know. Unless they have programmed in a set list so it logs when the ECU has been flashed and by whom.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
I'm sure they can tell when it's flashed, the smog check stations can tell when the computer has been flashed...by the dealer by the way...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That's nice, but I hope they crack the 1.4 turbo and whatever the SRT-4 winds up having, there's a lot more power to be unlocked in those turbo 4's with just a tune than in any naturally aspirated setup.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
The 1.4 uses the magneti marelli Ecu, different programming. I am not sure people realize how complex the Multiair programming is, and writing a tune is not going to work like it does on the non Multiair cars.

S

·
0 Posts
yeah but the magnetti is over $800 for about 20 or a bit more hp. dsrt I cant wait....

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,672 Posts
Unless they have programmed in a set list so it logs when the ECU has been flashed and by whom.
From what I've read on DodgeTalk.com, yes, the tech can tell if the ECU has been reflashed. He can also tell if you've been traveling at high rates of speed. There is a log of sorts that cannot be erased. At least that's what I read.

·
3,813 Posts
Yes, we, as a dealer, can tell if the computer has ever been flashed, even if you flash it back to stock before bringing it in. There is no hiding it any more. We can see just about everything, including rates of speed, time at high RPM, etc etc. its all there to protect Chrysler from unwarranted warranty claims.

That being said, flashing the ECU does not technically void your warranty in most states. It is still on Chrysler to PROVE that the flash is what caused the damage. They cannot outright void your warranty just because you flashed the ECU.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I should have said 3.6 Avenger.
Mick
I think they will, I just asked and they said they have been planning on doing the Avenger. I offered my 200 S whenever they get ready.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts