Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
No, what Ralph said was "the eventual Challenger replacement is not as far along as people think and that the current Challenger still has life left in it."

Doesn't confirm anything other than a Challenger replacement.

·
Registered
288 Posts
An answer to the z28 could be that 426 that keeps showing up in show cars may be ready to be used or hellcat will be out soon

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it not as far along then it is a-long. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ya, all I am reading here is a hopped up Challenger.

That doesn't mean he wasn't hinting at it.. but all he said basically was "we will reply soon".

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
auric said:
An answer to the z28 could be that 426 that keeps showing up in show cars may be ready to be used or hellcat will be out soon
We got that already, it's called Dodge Charger Juiced. ;)

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
auric said:
Ain't gonna happen. That is not an assembly line/production engine.

Mike

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
The Fact that Fiat is NOT Making Money in Europe Hurts ! ! ! ! !

TMD

·
The Negative Optimist
1,903 Posts
I'm more interested in this, "5 Series-sized Alfa Romero sedan" it'll share a platform with. Since the Airflite, then C 200 concepts shared a small LX chassis, I've been hoping to see Dodge (or at least Chrysler) put something on it...

But eh.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
But there have been what seem like some clear indicators that there is a RWD-D vehicle in the works for Dodge.. Could it be in fact, that this vehicle is plenty in the works, but is not a Challenger replacement, but a once rumored midsized sedan for Dodge?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mike V. said:
Ain't gonna happen. That is not an assembly line/production engine.

Mike
Do you think it is going to stay that way forever? Actually I do think Ralph was talking about hellcat

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
IMO Ralph is talking about two different cars, First to come would be the SRT Barracuda, smaller but still a downsized LX and Second "not as far along" would be the next generation Dodge Challenger, also a downsized LX base. Read it here somewhere that the next generation or replacements to the 300 and Charger are rumored to be slightly smaller and share a platform with the next minivan. Making a Charger smaller might make it harder to sell as a Police unit, but it is just a rumor.

·
Premium Member
20,079 Posts
Lots of double-talk and no commitment whatsoever. With that in mind, one of us will be right, thus considered a fortune teller.

·
Registered
993 Posts
TripleT said:
If it not as far along then it is a-long. :thumbsup:
Exactly. Stick to your talking points Ralph. You don't want to diminish Challenger sales. I would not have bought my 300 if Marchionne said we will see the return of the Imperial In 2014......Inmo.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
They could just update the interior to current 300/Charger specs and get a couple yrs more good sales with just that..and probably improve them!
Also add the 8-speed and LED tails without changing anything else and it will be a very nice refresh.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Jackratchett said:
IMO Ralph is talking about two different cars, First to come would be the SRT Barracuda, smaller but still a downsized LX and Second "not as far along" would be the next generation Dodge Challenger, also a downsized LX base. Read it here somewhere that the next generation or replacements to the 300 and Charger are rumored to be slightly smaller and share a platform with the next minivan. Making a Charger smaller might make it harder to sell as a Police unit, but it is just a rumor.
I hope you're right. This would be the best scenario for everyone to get what they want (except for the smaller Charger thing....)

Hopefully the negative economic climate doesn't exert itself on product planning as it has been known to do in the past.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
The economic outlook in the US is looking good, if not very good. Many indicators are pointing to a much improved US economy.

Europe is a different story. Many belive their auto market has yet to even bottom out.

As far as the report goes, I think that you can assume that at least one car is being readied, it is further away than people think, it is smaller, and we have no idea what it will be named, Challenger, Barracuda, Road Runner, or My Cousin Phil's Socks (though I doubt it'll be named "My Cousin Phil's Socks).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts