Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around here (as I'm new) and haven't seen much of anything on doing a dash swap for a digital dash on my 94 LeBaron from a 1992 donor (with BCM) I saw a post from years ago but it was rather short. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here but I'd love to get some more info on doing this. My 94 is what I call my project car. I have made some mods on it taking some of the options of the past and incorporating them with the later year car. I aquired an nice 92 digital dash and BCM...would love some info on how to "swap them out" and make the 94 go back in time a couple of years.
Anything would be a help.

·
Super Moderator
36,941 Posts
I'm not sure you can as the electronics changed in that time period. About all you can do is grab the respective wiring diagrams and try it. Best bet would be to haunt eBay for the factory service manuals.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw an old post here about some that have done this...I'm wondering if anyone here can help me with this a little...I just found the wiring schematics for the 92 (ebay) and I own a 94 OEM service manual...I have heard that there are wiring mods that need to be made...I have a 94 Lebaron convertible and got a digital dash from a 92 along with the BCM...can this be done and or am I just wasting a bunch of time trying to figure this out?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
By now you probably have figured out whether this swap will work out. If I were to guess I would think that only if the instrument cluster plugs would match up would this swap work. There were a lot of electrical changes between the 92's and the 94's as 92 was the last year that had the disappearing headlight doors and their control was in the BCM. This was also the last year for the digital dash I beleive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts