Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,361 Posts
Do you have the performance exhaust manifolds on her now? I am not a big fan of headers especially with the cutting necessary to get them into the A body, but for the street and non-racing, dual 2.5 or if you want, 3 inch exhaust alone will save a little money if nothing else, 3 inches gets a little bit loud,Save a little money as far as not getting headers, that is. I can set off car alarms in parking lots all day long with 3inch in the Charger. What about Edelbrock or 440 Source aluminum heads? After you get the work to port and install the larger valves, this would be about the same cost except for rocker arms (roller of course). 2500 stall is good, otherwise the 11 inch converter is 2200 stall and is factory, usually a little cheaper than aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
20,361 Posts
You may check TTi for headers, they are about the same price I think and I know they are good. The performance manifolds are pretty good for the street and you wouldn't have to cut for the headers. As far as the seats go, that you will have to ask the machinist, prices vary quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
20,361 Posts
I like the rollers because they are adjustable and highly recommended for aluminum heads due to their geometry. If shaving the heads this much on a big block, the intake also has to be shaved to fit properly. One advantage is the floating intake with the valley pan, the downside is, the valley pan has to be trimmed to fit, otherwise the .050 you take off the heads restrict the ports, so caution in reassembly is paramount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.