Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scouting the local junkyard trying to find CD/Cassette players for Chrysler cars and a Jeep window regulator, when I walked back out the junkyard I saw this little gem sitting in the staging area waiting for its day to go out to the yard and get picked clean. Right now it all in tact for the exception of some minor damage on the front right quarter panel. Its pretty disappointing. Almost as much as the 1 gen minivan I saw in the next yard that says runs/drives....that minivan someone just scrapped it rather than sell it as a running car.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Aww :(

I've never even seen one of those in person, on the highway or otherwise. In a way, I'm glad I didn't get an EEK more rare than the Imperial... it's already been a major hassle getting trim pieces for it.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
That "minor" damage is a lot in dollars, probably about $5,000 to fix. That's most likely why it's scrapped. Could be a lot of hidden damage, too.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have seen a few in person. I always wanted one until i saw one. No back seat and you have to lift the top yourself.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I've seen a few of them. Our local dealer always seems to get the less common models when others around don't. TCs, Prowlers, Crossfires, etc.
And the Harley dealer has a private junkyard of Mopars, all shapes and sizes, and does some restorations in one of his buildings.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Like what Bob said it would cost a small fortune to fix it again given if you could even find the parts. 8 years ago the headlight assembly was close to $400 a piece. There are still 3 TC's around me that are still driven daily, 1 cream colored, and 2 bright red.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I take it the car's in southern Florida. There's quite a few TC's here in the northeast and most are in good or better condition. Looking at the pictures this could either be a great parts car or worth salvaging only if a donor car that was rear ended was available. It would be a real shame to see this car go to the crusher.
While the TC looks very much like a LeBaron of the same vintage, almost nothing is interchangeable. I have seen a TC that had a LeBaron front clip.
A good body man could most likely graft a front clip from a LeBaron, Daytona or maybe even one of the hatchback LeBaron/Lancer 5 doors onto the TC body. It would be a mule and probably worth something only to the owner, but at least it would be saved from the crusher !

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its in Raleigh North Carolina. Technically the yard is in Garner, but its the closest yard to me. I usually hit the Raleigh one then run across town to Durham. That's where I found the running undamaged first gen minivan getting ready to be salvaged.

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
I see them a lot around here in NJ. Seen several for sale, still see them on the road too.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,685 Posts
T&C convertibles are extinct around here (east central VA). I think I've only seen one in the past 5 years. Same in general for K cars, P bodies and most K derivatives. Heck, even cloud cars (Breeze, Stratus and Cirrus) are far and few between. See plenty of Ram's though..........

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
There's one on Rt 114 in Danvers for sale, $1800/obo. Looks to be in good shape, maybe $1200 in repairs, but for $3k you could have a very unique car...

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's a bent front frame, I'll bet. Might not be fixable ... on the other hand, how's the engine?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts