Allpar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am hearing bearing noise coming from the right front of my 2wd Ram quad cab. In searching for the part online, there is a choice of just ordering the bearing or hub assembly with bearing. I thought these were only replaced as an assembly.

Any advice so I order the correct part would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi all,
I am hearing bearing noise coming from the right front of my 2wd Ram quad cab. In searching for the part online, there is a choice of just ordering the bearing or hub assembly with bearing. I thought these were only replaced as an assembly.

Any advice so I order the correct part would be greatly appreciated.
You need the hub assembly.

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,074 Posts
Don't be surprised if the left side will need replacement. On my '06 the left front needed replacement at about 120,000 miles. About a month later, I had to have the right side done. It's been 160,000 miles since both hubs were replaced and no issues.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You could probably go either way but you're gonna need a press to do just the bearing. Easier and faster to do hub assy. Just as cheap in the long run if you have to pay someone to press the bearing.

Reactions: djsamuel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't be surprised if the left side will need replacement. On my '06 the left front needed replacement at about 120,000 miles. About a month later, I had to have the right side done. It's been 160,000 miles since both hubs were replaced and no issues.
LOL, I honestly briefly considered ordering 2, but in my experience they can go bad 50-60k miles apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts